Smooth sounding integrated

I’m looking for a smooth sounding solid state integrated amp that is not muffled sounding for less the $1000. Is there anything like this? Years ago I had a Denon stereo receiver that sounded pleasant for tv and movies in our lively family room. A lot has changed since then and would like to try going down this road again, but with a better integrated amp for the family room.
128x128mjcmt
Rega Brio should work great in your room. I have one and can play plenty loud in a similarily sized room.
I would consider the Yamaha A-S801. It's a very capable Int/Amp in your price range.
Look for a used Arcam SA20. About 80 watts/channel , good phono stage and some digital inputs. I had the FMJ 19 with no digital inputs, but a really nice phono stage and 50 watts/channel. It was about a grand new. If you can find any NIB Cambridge Audio CX80's at 80 watts/channel. They're discontinued and can be had for $799. Punchier than the Arcams.
Upscale Audio was/are selling the Music Fidelity model 2si for $599. At that price very hard to beat. 
Lots of great recommendations. I'm getting a feeling which are smoother yet detailed amp.
BTW, What Hi-Fi said the Brio has an excitable high end and needs careful speaker matching so my MS Silver 6 may not be a good match.