Recapping Krell FPB-Monoblocks - Need Advice

I have a flawless pair of original Krell FPB-350m’s I purchased from the original owner several years ago local to me. I am kind of on the fence as what to do, They definitely need a recap as one of them is heating up now and shuts off after 25-30 minutes. I’m debating recapping with upgrades or selling them as is and trying out Parasound JC-1’s or a Pass Labs X250.8. If I do recap them is there anyone in the western United States that can work on them? Krell is back east and wants $1300 per amp and I would have to pay shipping across the country. That would cost me around 3k. That seems quite high for a recap. Is there a dramatic difference sound wise when having these old amps rebuilt with modern caps?  If I do sell them as is what could I roughly expect to get out of them. I am clueless As to what they are worth? My system consist of Egglestonworks Andra II speakers and a AYRE K-1XE preamp. Any advice would be appreciated.
128x128boisehomes
Those fpb ‘s are wicked amps.

Call some shops and get quotes,
i would rather trust the factory with such nice monos.

Those amps are amazing.

I would drop the coin on the company which makes them, l, as you will get a small warranty after the work is done by the factory.

call krell n speak with the technician.

I would start there.

where are you from?

Recapping will probably improve the sound modestly, but you are unlikely to recoup the cost.  

Might be worth listening to modern amps first.
I’m in the Northwest! What modern amps would compare to the big old school class A stuff. If I do have the FPB’s rebuilt I will never get rid of them. I wish there were some factory certified techs on this side of the country. 
If all you need is a recap any good technician should be able to do it.  No need to send your equipment across the country.  I would not operate the amps if they easily overheat to avoid additional damage.