Why did Parasound discontinue the Halo JC-1 monoblock amplifiers?

Why did Parasound discontinue the Halo JC-1 monoblocks?

I am relatively new to this era of audio, but I find myself drawn to monoblock amps.  From what I read, I should experience the Parasound Halo JC-1 monoblocks.  You know, the amplifiers that remained on Stereophile's A list for 18 or 19 years?  I see them come up for sale at a relatively reasonable price, in the $4K - $5K range.  I am debating about trying them versus purchasing the Moon by SimAudio 400M monoblocks new.  Currently, I'm streaming Tidal and Qobuz using the SimAudio 390D streamer/DAC/pre into Kinki Studios EX B7 monoblocks, with GoldenEar Triton One loudspeakers.  End game will be Wilson Audio Yvette unless something else comes along before I can bring myself to spend this much on a pair of speakers.  Thanks for your responses.
kcpellethead
They made them for 15+ years. Long run for a product. If you buy a used pair check on their age 
I am more apt to believe Erik’s comment than the “age of the product”.  It is likely that the market share for JC1 is pretty small because of the cost of the amp.  They likely made a decision to drop the item from their lineup because nor people are likely to buy the lower cost amps.
They likely made a decision to drop the item from their lineup because nor people are likely to buy the lower cost amps.

Yep, people’s buying habits change, not to mention the availability of parts.

That is, transistors, transformers, even passive components change due to forces out of your control. It would make sense for JC and Parasound to look at their market and ask if they can make a better amp with more current parts. But the president of Parasound is a really nice guy, I’m sure if someone asked him he’d explain the decision. :)

Lots of interesting reading about Parasound's choice of parts as opposed to John Curl's specified parts in his designs. Either way,  very very few amps have a 15+ year market run....
kcpellethead, according to JC himself they are working on a new version.
The JC 5 is not a replacement. It can not even drive a 4 ohm load bridged.
The JC 1 is a landmark product. It is easily the best sounding and performing amp at anywhere near the price. I would not hesitate to by a pair 8 years old or less in scratch less condition. The Moon's are great amps but may or may not sound better than the JC 1s. If getting the JC 1s will get you closer to the Wilson's then by all means. 

Mike