Need recommendations on stand mount speakers

So my secondary system consists of the following:

VPI Prime TT + Nagaoka MP500 cart
Parasound JC3+
AR Classic 60 (60 watt tube amp)
Acurus LS 11 line stage preamp
Vandersteen 2ce speakers

my room is rather small, 12 x 13 and I’d like to experiment with some stand mount 2 ways that will have a similar sound to the ole Vandersteens but more open.  

Im considering used but my brick and mortar is limited to Magnolia stores. I heard some B&W 2 ways ( not the metal tweeters, but the lower model) and they sounded nice but at $4k +/- that’s more than I’m willing to spend. 

Im thinking $2k +/-.

any thoughts?
last_lemming
Rarer than rocking horse poo in USA, the Lenehan Audio ML1's (the steel plate lined ones, 2nd gen in the deeper enclosure) or ML2.
Can possibly be found on https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/forum/7-classifieds-audio/

Reference versions run cast Duelund, some lesser models have the VSF and Duelund cast resistors. I used to build them on the Gold Coast for Mike.

Any brave souls, genuinely interested I'd answer any questions on how they are actually built. Goggle them, the reviews will tell you what they are, especially Stereonet forum by members of the community, not paid off reviewers.
Love my Tekton double impact monitors $2000 and will make the KEFs sound like a clock radio
Lots of good choices.

You have to listen to the Monitor Audio Golds In this price range. They will be a hair warm and will be best with solid state amplification. IMO, if you like Vandersteen I think you will like these.

You also need to listen to the Revel Performa3 M106s. I had the M105s for years and fit my taste perfectly which is a slightly forward monitor that I had paired with neutral amplification.

You have to at least listen to the LS50s. Certainly a nice speaker but has some limitation.

I offer monitors but mine start well above your budget at $2499.  Good luck to you.
@gratefuleric I have seen lots of praise for these but also remarks the bass is "flabby". Has this been your experience?