Problem with Ref 5SE

I recently purchased a 5se and took delivery the other day. Did not get a chance to open it up until last night. Upon installing it into system I switched it on and after it warmed up, I was very much interested in hearing how it sounded against my current 27. After listening to several tracks with the 27 I switched pre's and after a couple of minutes playing a CD I got some noise, almost a loud static sound coming from the right channel. It was not effected by changing volume controls or input selector. It went away after 10-15 seconds and then returned. At that point, as it was late, I shut everything down and figured I would take another look in the morning.

This morning I removed the top cover and pulled and reset the output tubes and then the power tubes. I fired it back up and still had the 'static' sound but now it also had a humm, like an impedance type hum and constant. I do not believe that the humm was present last night as it is quite noticeable. 

The static type load noise seemed to have abated after the unit warmed up after maybe 15-30 minutes.

Can I assume that perhaps a tube was damaged during shipping? Do you ARC guys think a new set of tubes will fix this issue or am I looking at something more severe? Any additional suggestions to try and pin this down?

I rerouted the IC going to the amps to get them further away from source IC's and no help...

I am a little bummed, as my initial impression it that it is a leap from the LS27, my current...
128x128stevea11757
I think the price wouldn’t be tonight out of line. I have only had warranty work done on 2 Pre-amps, but they have been great to communicate with. I would send it to them because 1) you’re in the hands of the designers 2) they will only use genuine parts 3) they may discover the problem could be something they did and decide to cover or partially cover the cost. But be prepared to wait, and you are with the LS27. 
I thought and I was right about what I posted on my opinion on this problem. I still feel as I posted something happened in transit. Especially that the tubes were left in their sockets. I would still contact the seller and talk to him about your problem as it has to go back to ARC  This is the sellers fault. At least he could give u half the shipping and repair cost. 
Agree with tattooedtrackman, except to say this is entirely the sellers fault.  You expected to receive a working preamp and did not, why should you be responsible for the repairs?  Also, pardon me for not rereading the entire thread, but how good and how much positive feedback did the seller have?  I always think it suspect when an article arrives not as described, have had it happen to myself.

Although I have no experience with ARC repairs, but its definitely not BMW, its RR.
I made the same upgrade from an LS 27 to a Ref 5 SE and it is a significant upgrade. It also seems like it is a better impedance match for the Ref 75 (now Ref 75 SE).

I would contact the seller and see if they would be willing to cover the cost of repairs or split them. This is a small hobby and many people are understanding - we've all had a problem. 

4 years ago I had an issue with the power supply in a VSi60. When the amp warmed up I got an owl sound. It turned out two resistors in the power supply had gone bad. I think they charged me for two hours of labor which included a chassis repair (my dad dropped the box while helping me move) plus return shipping. You're looking at $200-$300 plus shipping both ways.

I don't know your financial situation, but it you're buying this kind of gear you aren't worried about putting food on the table. Hopefully you don't need to sell the LS 27 right away and can let ARC fix the issue.