Paradigm Persona series

I'm beginning to poke around and gather opinions and information about a "super speaker" to replace my aging Thiel 2.4s.  I like the idea of bass dsp room correction and I am a bit of a point source type imaging nut (thus the Thiels).  So among other choices I've been looking at the Paradigm Persona series specifically the powered 9H with room correction for the bass.  However I'm skeptical of the "lenses" i.e. pierced metal covers on the midrange and tweeter specifically because of Paradigm's claim that such screens "screen out" "out of phase" musical information.  The technology in the design seems superlative but I just can't get past the claim re out of phase information and the midrange and tweeter covers.  What could possibly be the science behind this claim?  It just seems like its putting a halloween moustache on the mona lisa given the fact that the company is generally a technology driven company.
pwhinson
Wrong. It's his choice.

it's his right

+1 @contuzzi 

The upside is all the renewed exposure for Paradigm. Most thread readers will effectively filter. BTW, Monitor is the brand being harmed.
Guys, there are tons of trolls on the boards. It's what many boards have turned into.  A few of the dealers who post are also pretty much trolls.  They use the boards to further their business/finances.  Again, contuzzi, why does it matter?  

It's still up to readers to make up their own minds.  I don't let things like boards bother me too much.  I've been irritated over the years by some (mostly my sports boards), but overall, it's still a fun place for me to hang out.  I often cant' get out of the housed due to my MS, so this is a fun place to read and sometimes post.  It's all good as long as folks are mean spirited or rude to others.  
He posts on a Canadian audio board as well...Under Havocman id....Same song and dance   ....
Bump, have the persona 7f in my listening room right now where the salon 1 & 2, usher be20dmd, Kanta 3, a couple 90’s kef Reference the VA strauss And Beethoven have spent time. These are easy to power, so I would suggest a quality 50 wpc over a powerhouse ‘affordable’ unit. I’m using my hegel h360 but I’ve heard these with a few pieces driving them and I wonder if the Pathos I liked them so much with at the shop would make the same magic here? Not bright, no sibilance, but I can understand why some folk say so as the detail in the midrange is uncommon and bass is tight. The speakers with the Hegel do seem more like surgical instruments than musical instruments, but its early days and I haven’t spent any time on placement yet, I may not they’re really fun as they sit.  I’ll add more as I spend time with them.
@steve59 Congrats that is a great speaker. You 360 amp is one that I have heard a few times and liked somewhat with the KEF Blade. However, I have heard the Persona 5F with an amp that sounds a bit like the Hegel 360, the neutral SimAudio 860A. I think the Sim is a bit better than the Hegel but I found that very long listening sessions with the Sim + Persona could be a little fatiguing. The short sessions with the Sim were amazing.

One reason I did not get the Persona 3F was that I wanted to buy the very neutral Benchmark electronics stack and I was assuming it would not be a good match with the Persona.