The Synergistic Research Orange Fuse ... Further thoughts.

Here are my observations after several weeks of burning in the new SR Orange fuses:

1. The sound has a more relaxed presentation. 

2.  Clarity - There is less grain. I thought I had this beat, but evidently not. 

3.  The soundstage has expanded further and instruments and performers are more well-placed inside the stage. The presentation is a lot more three-dimensional. 

4.  More articulation on voices. Vocals are more organically human in nature. While listening to Kevin Mahogany sing "Skylark," I hung on every note and word in the lyrics. Massed voices, like those heard on the Norman Luboff Choir's "But Beautiful" album, are more delineated. The solo instruments are more present than ever before also.

5.  There is a definite improvement in dynamics. Drum solos place the drummer right there in the room with you. Rim shots, bongos, congas and big bass drums are amazing. So are vibes. Cal Tjader and Victor Feldman ... Welcome to the party. 

6.  There has been a further improvement in tonal accuracy. String instruments have taken on a new dimension.  

7.   Among other improvements, there has been a slight amount of welcome warmth added to the mid-bass. The music, as a result, has become more emotionally involving. A little more tube-like in a very nice way.

8.  More meat on the bones overall. Massed strings are beautiful.  Bach's "Air on a G String" ... simply beautiful.  

9.  Lastley, I can set the volume control lower and get the same volume in sound as before.

Overall ... the new Orange fuse is a real winner in my system. 

Highly recommended. 

Frank

128x128oregonpapa
^^^^bravo...hope you’re being compensated for your relentless PR efforts. 
lalitk ... 

The man asked the question. I provided the answer. 

By the way, I just bought a private jet with my royalties. See you in Paris. 

Frank
What amazes me about threads like this, even more than Ted's incredible ability to continually best himself, is how eager and diligent some are to tell us all in no uncertain terms just how awful they are at listening and remembering what they've heard. For damn sure if I was that lost at sea I'd want to keep it to myself. The last thing I would ever want to do is try and act like everyone else has to adapt to my lack of ability. But no. I can't tell, so you can't either. A perennial fave. Amazing.

A big +1 here for SR, and highendelectronics.com
For those who can hear the difference.
  millercarbon ... +1

Two appropriate Nikola Tesla quotes: 

"If hatred was electricity, they could light the world."   

"I'm not disappointed that they stole my ideas ... I'm disappointed that they have no ideas of their own." 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
audiotunesx

Yes, the bass is considerably better. Acoustic bass becomes even more natural and tuneful. Everything is better with the Orange fuse. Percussion takes on a new life as well. 

Frank