$1300-1500 DAC

I’m thinking of adding an external DAC to my secondary system. I’m running a bluesound node 2i, RCA out to a Schiit freya+, RCA out to an Accuphase P-250 (beautifully restored) amp, to a pair of ascend acoustics Sierra 2ex. It already sounds awesome, but y’all know how this is... I want more. 

Im looking at a Schiit Gungnir Multibit... the price is right and it’s well reviewed. 

I will say that, in my main system I use a Simaudio Moon 280d and it’s awesome. 

Any thoughts? What else should I be looking at? 
andrewkelley
Andrew,
Dont discount the Lotus5 Dac, bested my Prism Orpheus, no slouch. Also can double as a pre. Check tone for review. 
The Ayre Codex, at $1800 new, is the most musical I've heard under $5k!
It transformed my system from very good hifi, to true audiophile grade. I can't recommend it highly enough. Of course their QX-8 is better at nearly $6k, but the Codex is similar in musical satisfaction. There is a richness and flow to the music which I usually only associate with vinyl.
@andrewkelley what DAC do you have in your main system? You may be surprised by the Audio-gd R8. 

By the way, I have 3 PS Audio Noise Harvesters. The affect the sound very very little, if its not placebo effect. I dont recomend them.