Something For The Fuse Guys ...

There are fuses, and then, there are fuses. 

I'm evaluating some prototype fuses that I received in the mail three days ago. 

Over the past few years, I've used fuses from five different manufacturers. The last three were the Red, Black and Blue fuses from Synergistic Research. Each one incrementally improved the sound of my system. My favorite so far was the SR Blue. 

The prototype fuses being evaluated presently raises the SQ beyond all of the others mentioned above. The major improvement to my ears is better tonal accuracy. Instruments and voices are more life-like. The noise is reduced allowing for a more solid 3-D presentation with the musicians more solidly presented on the sound stage. Overall, more information is fleshed out of CDs and LPs. 

The manufacturer, the price and the name of the prototype fuses will come later. I don't have the information thus far. My understanding is, if all works out, the release date is to be mid-October. 

Stay tuned ... 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa
GK repeat the same things a few hundred more times. Maybe people will learn.

While at it show your references that support all the conjecture and maybe they will also care.
It’s ironic that such a comment would come from someone who’s the poster boy for audiophiles stuck in the 80s. Some folks don’t learn no matter how many times I repeat it. A little bit of a re-tar-da-shun, I suspect. No biggie.

if you don’t learn from history you’re bound to make the same mistakes again. - Old audiophile axiom
Oregon...Can you give us a date when you think you can reveal this prototype fuse?
Fuse directionality is a myth...prove that to yourself by reversing the fuse in any component and note that the sound doesn't change one iota, regardless of the hyperbole and silly claims otherwise. Also it bears mentioning (again) that the little wires and circuit board traces aren't installed with any thought of their directionality, thus rendering the tiny fuse wire's directionality utterly irrelevant. One may ask, "why do so many claim unmistakable sonic attributes due to Special Fuses?" Because they can, and subjective opinion, expectation bias, or mythology based belief is by it's nature difficult to dislodge from the faithful, or anybody motivated by commercial incentive over objective logic.