Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
wow, blast from the past.....

Funny as I read my last posts and I had just gotten the Treo's....I'm move up to the Quatro CT's in Audi Havana Black.  Look as great as they sound.  
I bought my Apogee Duetta Sigs new for $4100 in 1991. I don't believe for a minute that i could find any speaker which would produce better sound at that price. 

I'll keep these "boat anchors" and be very happy until either they or I die.
Infinity Kappa 8s.  I have "NOS" polydomes in a box although with the grills not quite original but pretty close.  I have two pairs of Infinity Kappa 7s one bought new one bought used.
The challenge is to drive these low impedance beasts.  Bryston 7BSST2 currently and they can do it!  They can do it.
Prediction:
Most of those in this thread who talked about a speaker they would use "for life"...have moved on to other speakers ;-)