Why No McIntosh Recommendations?

As I read, and continually read through posts, nobody really talks to McIntosh Products, or recommends McIntosh Products.  Why?  I can understand why they are not getting their just due.  I think their sound stage is incredible and the tube products offer incredible warmth.  I own the 2600 PreAmp, 2152 Amp, and MT5 Turntable.  I love what they do for my Sonos Faber Serafino’s.  I’m a big fan.  Why don’t y’all talk to them more.  Now I know we all have our bias.  And I know that they may be out of many price ranges, but they are wonderful products, in my ears.  

BTW - Currently Listening to Hugh Maskela’s Hope on a Quality Pressings Release!  Sounds superb!  Excellent recording whether you are listening to a CD or a high quality a 180 Release from the original master tapes.
pgaulke60
Mcintosh are kind of the Harley Davidson of Audio

A very good analogy especially the last three, Harley’s don’t handle, don’t stop, and don’t go, are technically inferior", they’re just for posing, and are relatively bullet proof.(because of the autoformer)"
They are out performed in every area by any decent road bike.

you can get better sounding gear for less, however, they have unmatchable aesthetics and resale value and i regard ’em as a good investment
Huh!! are you listening to music or buying property?

Cheers George
Mc owned by d and m holdings group. That’s Denon and Marantz. Their stuff just isn’t that great at its price point. There’s much better stuff at that price point. I also feel their ss gear is too colored. I love their old tube gear but today’s goods aren’t cutting it against similarly priced gear. 
McIntosh is similar to scotch as it is an acquired taste.   I have 3.6 Maggie’s driven by MC501 mono blocks.  I bought my amps 9 years ago and if I chose to sell them, I would get ALL my money back.

How many pieces of gear can you say that about.  I ran through a bunch of amps before getting my 501s and it set me free.  I quit chasing amps and sound as I was so happy.

I also use a C220 tube pre amp that is a terrific pairing with my speakers and amp.  When I listen to Brubeck’s Take Five, it is like they are in the room.

Others may denigrate the brand, but everyone who visits and listens is enthralled with the sound.

I know it is not for everyone, but don’t call me misinformed, rich and stupid as I am none of those.  

Accept that each Mfg has fans for a reason, BTW, McIntosh has been in business since the late 40s, thY must know something about audio.
Viridian if you don't hear a soundstage in the concert hall you are either not sitting centre stage or you need a hearing check..
I went from the very well-regarded Conrad-Johnson PV-11 to the McIntosh C220 preamp.  My reason was mostly for functionality.  I wanted a remote, tone controls, and a balance control with more range.  I do not feel that this was a step down in terms of sonic quality at all.  On the contrary, the C220 sounds wonderful.  Smooth, but detailed, with a very large sound stage, and excellent timbre.  I know it is not a full tube preamp like the C-J, but I am extremely happy with it.  There are other forums with bigger McIntosh threads from fanboys.  Yes, some of that might be due to the very macho, somewhat retro appearance, but consider that McIntosh products do sound pretty good.  Of course, no one line of gear is for everyone.