Fan to cool room?

Hi,
 I'm looking for suggestions from ya'll for the best cooling fan. These summer evenings can get warm and even hot inside a listening room when tube amps are glowing and pumping electrons down the wires and into the speakers. 
 I like the look of the tall, slender fans that have a small footprint. Also, it must be quiet.
Thanks for any suggestions.
oregon
Fans don’t lower the temperature. They make it seem cooler by making air currents move and evaporate moisture from your skin. The net effect of a fan is actually increasing room temperature over time as its motor dissipates heat. 

The only solution to cool the room is to exchange chilled air for the room’s warmer air. The quietest conventional method of doing this is forced air central air conditioning. Next in line is a ductless mini-split, but be prepared for some blower noise. Last on the list is a portable air conditioner (get the dual hose type, as they use outdoor air to liberate heat from the condenser) or a window unit. 

A less-conventional method could be running chilled water through a radiant system that is more often used for heating. The heat exchange might not be rapid, but with the right capacity it could do the job. 
+1 split system. I have one in my music room. And it’s awesome. Blower motor whisper quiet. Mine is the Mitsubishi 15,000 btu. About $5300 installed. 
I have a Dyson tower but not the purifier version, it cools me which is what counts and isn't too loud at the lower settings, more effective than the conventional fan I had before but not very robustly made for the price. It's enough in the UK but I'm coming round to the idea of Aircon if we end up in Montpellier (south of France), which seems likely next year.
I have found Vornado fans to do a great job of circulating the air and giving at least an impression of cooling.  Plus they are lifetime, no-questions guaranteed.  If they ever break, send it back to Vornado for a free repair.  The best I've experienced.