Calling all Vandersteen Fans

A little over a year ago I owned he 1Cis for a short time. While I enjoyed many aspects of the speaker, I found their top-end was a bit ripe and sibilant, with multiple amps. I ended up having to attenuate the treble by 1.5db in order to enjoy them at all.

Lately I've been thinking about how well those speakers produced a realistic decay of instruments, the likes of which I haven't encountered in any other speakers. I'm wanting to give Vandersteens another chance and am considering the 2CE SigIIs, however, it appears they and the 3As have the same tweeter as the 1Cis. That and the measurements in the Stereophile review give me pause. I suppose it could be that I didn't allow the 1Cis enough break-in, or that I was actually hearing upper midrange distortion from their 8" midbass driver

I'm soliciting input from those very familiar with the brand. Would you say the 2 Sig IIs produce a warmer balance than the 1Cis? Do they in-fact share the same exact tweeter? 

Is a 100 watt/ch amp enough to drive 2CEs to satisfying levels in a 26×15' room?

helomech
Sad to hear this.
I do know that speakers take a while to 'break in', but sometimes things don't work out.
I hope the Stirling's do the trick.
Bob
Helomech-
Sorry to hear about your experience with these speakers. I know you have had bad luck now...twice! But hey that’s ok, just keep looking. Perhaps the Sterlings will work out to be the perfect match, they look to be very fine speakers. I often think, speaker choice is a very subjective journey. The key is to find what you like, not what others like. Good luck, happy listening.
Vandersteens are fussy about tilt.  Not good for those with OCD. 

I use a Huepar Box 1-R laser level for this. 

But if you made some effort to follow the instructions, and it didn't work for you, I would move on.
Helomech-
Sorry to hear about your experience with these speakers. I know you have had bad luck now...twice! But hey that’s ok, just keep looking. Perhaps the Sterlings will work out to be the perfect match, they look to be very fine speakers. I often think, speaker choice is a very subjective journey. The key is to find what you like, not what others like. Good luck, happy listening.
 Thanks @2psyop 

Yes, extremely subjective - something I realize more and more the longer I'm an audiophile.

Johnny at Audio Connection graciously offered to guide the setup of the 2CEs but unfortunately, I didn't see his message until they were already on the freight truck.

And as for luck, yeah, when it rains, it pours. Because I wanted to keep my business with that dealer, in exchange for the Vandys, I agreed to buy some "open-box" Stirling SB-88s. I've heard these speakers in the past so I knew they were a safe bet, sonically. But apparently it's just not my season for speaker purchases. I unboxed them only to find they have many nicks and scratches in the veneer, a dent in one corner and a dust cap that's disbonding from one of the drivers. I really wish they had disclosed the condition prior to the sale. They should've been listed as "scratch and dent," as are some items in their inventory. I would've rather paid almost full retail for a brand-new condition pair.   

Maybe this is just the universe telling me to be content with what I have. 
Why sweat it just fix it
The only mistake you are making now is to not having the truck turnaround. Re-route is easy
Likely not broken in yet. Bases filled? Ask Questions?
How far out into the room? Bi-wired w solid core
Tilt back? Wider spacing
I’ll bet we can make em work amazingly well. Best JohnnyR