5A Vandersteen

I am finding it a near-tragedy that this loudspeaker has been discontinued. It is/was a masterpiece (in my opinion), and was "near-affordable" for many. There are many great speakers to choose from, and this one was near the top. I have a pair, and mourn the loss.
rpeluso
I love my 5A's.....beautiful in the optional Kowazinga wood.  A furniture repair guy who I had come over to repair some furniture scratches (not the Vandy's) told me the finish is as perfect as one can get. ...so is the music.
There's a pair of 5As on USAudio Mart for $6500 that has been on there for 4 &1/2 months.  I presume therefore there has to be some price flexibility.  Upgrading them will be 2 1/2 times his asking though (if RV consents to waive his official policy of doing so for original owners of 5s - not unlikely IMO). 

Finding non-aluminum tweetered Vandersteens used is always a rarity & there are none on AG just now, but there is a Treo Carbon & a Quatro CT (on 50 days) on US Audiomart.  All of the above in the U.S.

I bought a used pair of 5As to replace my Quatro woods, there is no question the 5As are vastly superior and they are better than the Quatron CTs as well. I’m in a 38’ long room so there is plenty of room for the waves to develop. Sad to hear they have been discontinued.