Platter wobble

I have a Technics SL-BD20D and the platter has a noticeable wobble while spinning. ive tried a couple mats - cork and acrylic - which made the wobble much more apparent.  The rigid acrylic platter would not lay flat on the platter. 

Anything I can do? Is there a way to test what the issue is?  Is there an quality aftermarket platter that I can use?

Thanks!
leemaze
is the bearing shaft warped from the platter being slammed hard on one side/edge?

take the platter off, and re orient it so it sits on the bearing spindle in a different spot.

If the wobble changes, at all, you have at least part of your answer.

Most wobble in a platter on a older cheaper technics deck like that, is going to originate from abuse. Technics never sold any turntables with pronounced platter wobble, so it has to originate in abuse or damage to the spindle’s original acceptable limits of production ’eccentricity’.

If you can wobble it by hand, by gently rocking it, then it may be the spindle and the platter are both damaged from a hard side impact on the platter edge when it was mounted. This is actually quite common in cheap turntables that have had some nasty near endings to their lives. It takes almost nothing, re force applied.

They are quite fragile in this area of abuse or impact, as all the force of such a blow goes right into the fulcrum which is also the mount point and also the area where mechanical platter edge stability originates from.

Damage can arrive from a quite minimal impact, lets say..even the platter edge being minimally slapped by a 5 year old (playing DJ, like they saw on TV) can ruin one of these less expensive turntables or even easily ruin a more expensive one.

The aluminum is soft, the lever is ridiculously long, the mount itself has very little cross section to help spread the PSI (pressure per square inch-on the platter mount), the tolerances required are tight, etc.

As I’ve got one beside me..lets say.. an empty not too thick walled ceramic coffee cup, from about 2-4 inches height, dropped near or on the edge of the platter - of almost any inexpensive technics turntable (or sony, jvc, akai, nec, sansui, you name it)... would be enough to make for at least some to possibly major permanent platter wobble.
Anyone else notice that the OP apparently still hasn’t laid the offending platter(s) on a flat surface to determine if they’re the problem rather than something more serious? I’m not sensing a lot of commitment here. 
Lol @jeffreylee thanks for your input here. Very helpful!

Thats the very first thing I did. If you look at the actual platter in question, it has several levels of surface with a recessed outer ring that’s doesn’t actually touch the table when you place the platter down. But great idea!! 

Anyone else notice this is @jeffreylee’s 21st post? I’m not sensing a lot of commitment here...
I’ll post more often when you promise to give up on the idea of buying aftermarket platters for a $75 turntable with a plug-in cartridge. 
IMHO spending money does not equal commitment.

Thanks for your opinion and very constructive additions though!

peace and love!