What’s your vote for the most ridiculous, overpriced, and useless tweak?

My vote: Furutech Outlet Cover 105 NCF $220, with “special crystalline material that has two “active” properties.” https://www.thecableco.com/outlet-cover-105-ncf.html

glow_worm
@stringreen , good point. I never got on well with spikes - maybe it was my ancient floorboards to blame. So naturally I'm biased a little, and maybe that colours what I hear. I don't know, but they didn't work for me.

I also hate the thought of record clamps, heavy ones especially because of the additional weight just where you don't want it. 

You're right this hobby is largely about preferences or else it would be easy and we'd all have similar systems.
I think it was Coconut Audio that used to sell footers shaped like various animals.Each set of footers were claimed to enhance your system in special mysterious ways.Funny stuff:)That site offered many bizarre items.
“What got me thinking about this is that I was at one of the retailers I frequent, where I’ve spent quite a bit recently. He actually asked me to buy one of these (similar price, not these) and after I thought about it I was pretty insulted. Did he think I was a pigeon? I don’t know about the rest of you, but I didn’t make my money by being anyone’s fool.”

So you felt insulted by this retailer and thought of venting your frustration here...great. The only point you made with your post is you’re one of those individuals willing to diss a product without even trying.

BTW, pigeons are extraordinarily intelligent birds 😉
So you see frustration here somewhere? Yet another bummer comment.
You are right about pigeons though...