Who Has the New Top Technics SL1200GRE? Does it blow your other expensive tables away?

What high end tables have you compared it to so far? Results? 
vinny55
 Stereo5 

My SL1200G is vastly superior to both the VPI Prime and Scout which I had before the Technics table.  I find I spin more records with the Technics rig.

Could it be that the Vpi tables are way over rated at least the ones youve had? 

The Technics is excellent, so is the new Rega P8 which is just extraordinary as well. 

Just food for thought.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
I have a SL1200G, It's a wonderful table. I had a Rega p3-24 with Exact. For the money, it was good. I considered a RP-8, but no VTA is a deal breaker for me. With my SL 1200G I can easily switch between my Hana SL and Shure V15 mxr with Jico stylus.
tatyana69,

LP12 owner for 28 years. Recently had Tom O'keefe, the best Linn tech left in the country go over every piece and torque every screw. Sounds as new when purchased in 1988. The Technics betters the LP12.

As far as over the top summations (blown away), I am really not into those. For 4k with tonearm. It is very hard to better the Technics.

You can improve the Technics;  start with a better platter mat. Try with and without a record weight or clamp. After market power cords are a hard one, but I was able to get one plugged in, I do not detect any real difference. You can improve the tonearm by rewiring. I choose to mod it with a Triplanar tonearm with excellent results.

At this point, I think that the Technics w/ Triplanar competes with all but the Super Expensive TTs refered to in the title of this thread.

The Technics stock, w/very good tonearm at $4 K is very hard to better at its price. Used as a base for an even better tonearm, well IMHO you need to start saving your "nickles" for an,  Invictus, Walker, TW Acoustic Black Knight or similar. Perhaps a AMG Viella, (my dealer has one to demo), I will keep my Technics w/ Triplanar.

The Technics is Quiet, Speed control and stability. Modded with the Triplanar, the sound is of the cartridge of your choosing. It will be my last TT unless I win a big lottery. My LP12 is for sale.
@tatyana69  i dont beleive you have either table or anything audio period.

@nkonor is the Triplanar only one type? Will it fit other tables.

@audiotroy............

Most of my displeasure with both VPI turntables had to do with the unipivot arm. It was way too fiddly. It was constantly having to be readjusted and it wore me down. My wife was very intimidated by the Prime and wouldn’t play any of her records. I bought the Technics after reading reviews and based on my experience of owning one which I bought new from Tech Hi Fi in the 70’s. This time around I was more concerned with the ease of use than anything else.

I was was very surprised that the new Technics beat my VPI on sound quality! I have since added the Oracle hard mat and a HRS record weight, both on the recommendation of fellow Audiogoner nkonor. As for the Rega, I had a Rega Planer 3 which was purchased from Natural Sound and never liked it. At the time of ownership, I felt my digital sounded better. I believe I had a Linn K9 Cartridge On it and later a Blue Point Special. The build quality was poor compared to the VPI HW19 MK III that I bought to replace it   The Technics table I have now is the last table I will own. Actually, the current configuration of my main system is done as well. After 50 years of buying and selling, I am satisfied.