Calling all Vandersteen Fans

A little over a year ago I owned he 1Cis for a short time. While I enjoyed many aspects of the speaker, I found their top-end was a bit ripe and sibilant, with multiple amps. I ended up having to attenuate the treble by 1.5db in order to enjoy them at all.

Lately I've been thinking about how well those speakers produced a realistic decay of instruments, the likes of which I haven't encountered in any other speakers. I'm wanting to give Vandersteens another chance and am considering the 2CE SigIIs, however, it appears they and the 3As have the same tweeter as the 1Cis. That and the measurements in the Stereophile review give me pause. I suppose it could be that I didn't allow the 1Cis enough break-in, or that I was actually hearing upper midrange distortion from their 8" midbass driver

I'm soliciting input from those very familiar with the brand. Would you say the 2 Sig IIs produce a warmer balance than the 1Cis? Do they in-fact share the same exact tweeter? 

Is a 100 watt/ch amp enough to drive 2CEs to satisfying levels in a 26×15' room?

helomech
Could someone provide a link to the AQ type 4 solid core speaker cable and also a link to the interconnects? I suppose I could google it, but you guys might have a 'preferred' site with a good price, etc...
Agree with AC. With Vandersteen, type of speaker cable and following Vandersteen's set up procedure is critical for best performance.
@bstatmeister,
I would contact Audioconnection. Johnny sells AQ and his prices are very good. Plus, if you have any issues, he will definitely sort the out.
B
I have a nice 12’ set of type 6 in a shotgun biwire config, vandersteen spades at speaker end, they have about 6 k miles on them, I loan them to unbelievers, all I ask is return shipping via USPS flat rate box...$13

i am not an AQ dealer

I did follow the setup protocol. I noticed the decay was highly dependent on rake angle and listening height.

Yes, I used multi-strand speaker cable. I owned some Type 4 in the past with my other speakers and wasn't impressed to be honest. I may try some again as my local dealer sells it very cheap.