Wilson Sophia 3

Sasha tweeter, new woofer, new M material. Looks promising...

http://wilsonaudio.com/product_html/sophia_minisite_1.html
sdrenslow
The point that Keithr may have tried to make is that they will dilute the value of the Sasha by making a comparable speaker at 10 grand less.
Just came back from Munich Show. The new Sophias III are a big step up from the Sophia II in terms of looks - they look much more modern now.

Peter did not have the exact specs on hand, but promissed the new Sophias III to be much easier to drive than the Sasha (with the minimum impedance similar to Sophia II) and over 1dB more efficient than the outgoing Sophia II - now almost 90dB.

Some images (Sophia 2 in white and Sophia 3 in desert silver):
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Are they a big step up in sound? Nice photos, they show the different angle in the middle and the new velvet pattern by the woofer. Pretty radical change.
Yea I am pretty curious how the midrange compares. I always felt the midrange lacked a little detail on the Sophia 2 when compared to some other speakers in the same price range.

Elberoth2,
Did you get to hear the Sophia 3? Also I believe you owned the Sophia 2 and bought the Sasha recently. How do you feel the midranges compare? I realize the Sophia 3 does not have the exact same midrange as the Sasha...

I have heard both the Sasha and Sophia 2 before but at different dealers more than a year apart so I can not compare them at all. I am hoping the midrange on the new Sophia 3 sounds a lot more like the watt puppy line.

Thanks.
I've been considering the Sophia 2s and the Thiel 3.7s. I'll wait a bit longer to make my selection. Certainly looking forward to listening to the 3s.