Organic, musical and natural sounding speakers up to $12K

Getting a new place next year. Living room will be approx 12-14ft x 16-18ft x 10ft.

Getting a new system and am starting with speakers. Brands I have shortlisted (recommended from magazines and forums) are:

1) Audionote J or E
2) Spendor (model ?)
3) Harbeth (model ? - perhaps 30.2/40.1 or ?)
4) Devore (0/93 or 0/96?)

I auditioned Audionote and Harbeth briefly a few years ago. If I recall, Audionote was organic, musical and natural. Harbeth SHL5 plus was natural and musical...but don’t remember if they were more organic than the Audionotes.

HF extension/air is definitely not a priority for I find it often translates to tizz to my ears. I love a large soundstage - big full sound!

With the 4 brands, am I heading in the right direction? Any feedback from users would be greatly appreciated. I am open to other brands too.

Thanks.

pc123v
Thanks yeti42 and timo62.

@yeti42 ... may I know which models of the E you have listened to and what you think of them? I wouldn’t mind an "euphonic and colored" presentation if it doesn’t fatigue. Tizz and fatigue will make my tinnitus worse.

@timo62 ... I was thinking of the AN E/LX too. I may have demoed it before. Not sure though as it was a few years ago. I am after a warm sound too, however, the top end has to be smooth and edge free. Hope I can assemble a system with those attributes. Can't afford to make mistakes, again :).  Just started my search last week.

Thanks again everyone.

I prefer Spendor and Devore to Audio Note/Harbeth. More alive and dynamic sounding. 
PC123v , 

Just take your time and listen to what feels right to you. 

Everything in your system will contribute to the final sound including your listening room.

I've owned Harbeth SHL5's and currently own my 2nd pair of 40.1's.   In my experience, the two speakers don't have much in common.  The SHL5's lack the warmth and organic, full bodied musicality that the 40.1's excel in.   The original poster should not let their experience with SHL5's taint their perception of how 40.1's would sound.   

Both the 40.1 and 40.2 are relatively easy loads, so unless you have a huge room and listen at high volume, you'll be fine with any high quality amplifier in the 70 to 150 WPC range.  I strongly prefer tube amps, but have had success driving 40.1's with all of the following amps:
  • Music Reference RM9 MK2 (current amp)
  • VAC 70/70 Signature
  • McIntosh MC275 MKV
  • VAC Phi 200
  • Plinius SA-102
  • Bryston 4BSt

Spendor D9. Currently using them with a VAC preamp and Ayre VX5/20 amp. Organic, musical, and natural in my well treated 14’ x 16’ X 8’ room.