How much difference will a phono stage upgrade make?

For the past couple of years I’ve slowly been upgrading my audio equipment. I currently have a Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP integrated amplifier, an EAT C-Sharp TT with an Ortofon Quintet Black MC cartridge, and Tannoy Revolution XT 8F speakers. The weak link at this point, it would seem, is my phono stage, which is a Pro-Ject Tube Box DS. All things considered, my system sounds really good to my ears, but I can’t help but wonder what a phono stage upgrade would bring to the table. I’m looking at the Manley Chinook Special Edition MK II, which is a big step up in terms of cost, but I wonder how much better it will actually sound. Has anybody made a similar upgrade, and was there a marked uptick in sound quality?
12hz
Dear @bdp24 @jmolsberg  : Ask to any tube electronics manufacturer in the 1K-40K range price and every one will tell you that tubes is the way to go. both of you

They are making money through " audiophiles "  for many years and as all them and professional reviewers no one of them can and never will do the whole true about tubes and why are not for reproduce MUSIC at audio home systems.

They make $$$$ because each one of us ignorance and thak's to that heavy corrupted AHEE where all of us belongs and was there where those manufactuerrs/reviewer told us that tubes are the nirvana for audio and you and me belived ! ! ! but some us fortunatellu learned about and I can see that you don't learned yet.

Here in this forum and other net forums I had several dialogues with tube manufacturers and no proved is the way to go and I proved all them that is not the way to go.

Common sense: if I'm making money big money with tube electronics why stop to do it or tell the consumers is not the " glory ".

You will learn, sooner or latter.

Btw, how many times both of you or any other tube system did have the experience in a live MUSIC event to listen it seated at near field position ( 1m-2m. ) from the source. How many times? if you did not have this experiences it's time you look for and then you will understand why tubes is just out of place. No matters what very well regarded manufacturers have to say. I already said: no one can't be against making $$$$$

R.

The last time I heard an upright bass (being played by Todd Phillips, an old friend from San Jose. He's worked with David Grisman, Tony Rice, Jerry Douglas, Joan Baez, Ricky Skaggs, Del McCoury, Stephane Grapelli, Taj Mahal, too many others to list), the 19th Century German instrument was about four feet away from my bass drum. A little further away were a pair of acoustic guitars and a mandolin. I have played many times with acoustic piano, Blues harp, fiddle, pedal steel guitar, tenor and baritone saxes, trumpet, and many vocalists.

Yes, I am well aware of the sound of acoustic instruments. "In spite" of that, I like tubes ;-). I also like the sound of my solid state pieces (SACD player, power amps, First Watt x/o, Revox and Nakamichi tape recorders, Mac tuner, Stax headphone amp, a bunch of others). Any other suggestions Raul?

The op’s question is not so much is something better than the Manley - but if it will be a worthwhile and significant upgrade. IMHO when you have a jump in the price of a component you can and ought to expect a jump in sound quality as well - it may expose weaknesses elsewhere - and that’s a slippery road down (or is it up) the upgrade path. 
Perhaps you ought to ponder this. I have read review after review saying x is better than anything twice the price - yet at the next price point up they same the same thing about y - reviewers nonsense. In my experience a well matched more expensive is almost invariably better than a cheaper well matched component in a given set up - cables (in my set up) are the exception. 
So try and get a home audition and try the Manley out - try a few others and don’t get obsessed with topology and circuit - get what sounds good to you.
I think one of the best values in phonostages is the Pass Labs Xono.  It is a very underrated unit.  Works great with MC and MM cartridges and has a lot of flexibility when it comes to loading.  Fremer recently posted about this unit on his website Analog Planet.  He actaully said he believed it to be one of the best at the time.  It's a great unit and Pass has great support.
12hz, before you start dropping coin on a new phono stage, you may want to look at the load resistors in your current model. Replace them with Vishay foils and you will be shocked at the reduction in noise, and improvement in low level detail without changing the frequency balance.

would agree with photon46, spending a lot more does not mean better. Have dropped 6K on a phono stage only to find out it was not as good as what I had.

the EAR 834s (real and clones) are also really good.

J