Image/soundstage and punch/bass

Are there speakers out there (new or used) in the $2,500 price range that have the image and soundstage of Magnepan (my current set up is MG12s) but the punch and bass for rock/hip hop type music?
shadys
I just finished building my own Swarm system with 2 Dayton amps and four 10" subs. Total cost including premium rosewood veneer was about $2800. Even with just a quick setup and level adjustment the bass is deeper, faster, more powerful and much more seamlessly integrated with my Talon Khorus than the Talon Roc that I will be selling. In fact its deeper, faster, and more tuneful than any bass I've ever heard in any system at any price anywhere. 

When it comes to bass its not which sub its how many. One or two simply will not do. You need four. The two amps I have is overkill, not needed for power but for greater phase control. But just the way it is now without adjusting phase its better than anyone can do any other way.

With one amp, and paint instead of premium veneer, the cost would be right about $2k. All-in. For SOTA bass. 

SOTA bass from a distributed bass array, or the same crap everyone puts up with from two subs. Your call.

Speaking of calls, if you're not into DIY (and it is a lot of work) pick up the phone and call Duke. Mine is based on the Swarm he sells for about $3k.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/audiokinesis-swarm-subwoofer-system/
@bdp24 - yep, i remember when that fan type driver was introduced.

All: coming back to my question, isn’t "thwack" or "punch" higher in range than sub-bass typically produced by subwoofers? What settings are you using on subs -I tend to cross mine over very low and even though there is a slope and some upper level harmonics, the energy is really much lower at least in how I use a subwoofer. So, I’m curious where people are crossing over if they think "punch" is achieved by adding subwoofering.
(I appreciate the multi-sub approach, room set up, phase, etc. I cheat and use a DSP on the subs that doesn’t affect my main system).

"Are there speakers out there (new or used) in the $2,500 price range that have the image and soundstage of Magnepan (my current set up is MG12s) but the punch and bass for rock/hip hop type music?"

You might look into bipolar speakers, like the Mirage M1 of yesteryear. Definitive Technology is another possibility.  I made bipolars for a while but they were quite a bit more expensive.

Duke. 

Both HSU and Rythmik Audio make midbass models, to use, say, between a pair of mini-monitors and big subs. The Rythmik (two midbass models) contain a pair of 8" woofers.