Does the original Sonus Faber Amati Homage Rock?

I need some advice , I have a chance to buy a set of SF Amati Homage speakers from a store in MICHIGAN for 12k shipped the speakers look fantastic near mint!.  My concern is  all that I have read says that there bass shy , last fall I bought a set of Daedalus Audio Ulysses speakers version two used I over paid don't think the Ulysses speakers came close to my long-term Tyler Acoustic linbrook signature floor standers,  I ended up losing almost 2k on that deal I play mostly Rock music and some Jazz anyone still own these speakers and will they play Rock music well   like Pearl Jam, Alice in chains, the Beatles ect. Any suggestions for me also am I over paying if I buy, thanks for any Help 
128x128goofy
Im a huge fan of early Sonus Faber speakers.  I had them all.  Since you already bought them, Im not gonna say if it was a good deal or bad deal.  Nothing worse then someone telling you what you dont want to hear.  They are great speakers, and hopefully you enjoy them.

Could the Amati rock? Yes. I gave the British pressing of the Clash's London Calling a spin, and the title song issued forth with all the throbbing, jackhammer, bone-crunching intensity it requires to communicate its meaning. Paul Simonon's bass was deep, focused, and convincing in both pitch and texture. It never overloaded the room, nor did it ever sound as if "one-note bass" was coming from the speakers. The bass on "Jimmy Jazz," which digs deep, didn't suffer from overhang or bulbousness—in fact, it was as distinct and lithe as I've heard it, and the distant "walla" of the crowd noise behind the song's silliness was laid out in a distinct layer that was clearly audible throughout the song. Have I heard greater bass slam on this tune? Yes—but not greater resolution, tonal authority, or subtlety of fingers on electric bass strings. The Amati could rock and play loud, loud, LOUD with no sense of strain.
Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/sonus-faber-amati-homage-loudspeaker-page-3#hOoEt1pkQs4kvgCi.99
I Thank you all , it's a done deal I have already agreed to buy this set so we will see, I guess I over paid but the service  I will get if they don't work out is more important I will report back and do my best  to do a review, my best Regards to the Audiogon community 
Your Right mofojo , I would feel a little better even if I could bring it down a $1000. I am way more worried about how they will sound if there Magic then a weeks pay won't matter in the long run , so far my long journey for Audio Nirvana has been rough I have tried B&W 804 and 801 Matrix plus B&W 802 N and Daedalus Audio Ulysses v2 , so far only the Tyler  acoustics Linbrook Sig.one piece have pleased me long term and they are far from perfect, plus they are no longer made , so again thanks