Vandersteen 2ce Signature and Signature 2?

Any way to tell the 2ce Signature to the 2ce Signature2? 
Thanks
harley52
The 2Ce Signature is distinguished from the original 2 Ce by the inclusion of RV's autograph on the backplate.
Wasn't aware of that. Good info. My 2CE Sig 'I's do, in fact' have Richards signature. I guess the moniker now makes sense ;-) Strangely enough, I never made that conscious connection.

If you want the very best performance you need to buy current production. But $1000 for the first iteration of the Sig II will sound really good and is a good deal.

I agree. That does seem like a great deal. I see many 'Sig 1s' going for that and more. Personally, when you look at the alternatives out there, I think Vandy's cost vs value are hard to beat regardless of series, new or used. Heck, IMO, my older 1CE's, for what I bought them for, are far better than any alternative I was looking at. I keep thinking about selling them for the same amount I paid, but cannot bring myself to do it.
I think Bkeske makes a good point.
Despite being 'long in the tooth', Vandy's have always outperformed the competitors both in sound and price. 
Truly a great value.
B
Despite being 'long in the tooth', Vandy's have always outperformed the competitors both in sound and price.
Indeed. The Vandy 2 is an easy recommendation at its price point, even double its price point. As for "long in the tooth", that overlooks that it is a well-established classic that is also frequently upgraded despite a stable model designation.
Great to read that the carbon technology is trickling down to the 2s. 

I would be very tempted to stretch to the VLR CT with a subwoofer or two.

No carbon drivers in the 2! Altho’ a previous iteration of the 5 midrange in now in the 2.