Music Streamer Quality

This may be a dumb question but does the quality of a music streamer ultimately affect the sound? So here's some detail. I currently have a Sonos music streamer fed into a Simaudio Moon 300D dac. In the interest of having higher quality sound I could upgrade the dac or I could buy a dac with streaming capability such as the Simaudio 280D. I'm looking at a R2R ladder dac but would have the same Sonos feeding it. Does that make more sense than something like the Moon device? I appreciate an comments.
128x128falconquest
Another vote for Bluesound...  I am loving my Vault 2i.    MQA sounds great,  amazing feature set ,  I really love the bi directional Blutooth, IR control , and aux input .   I hate to say it , but with hi rez its hard to tell which is better, the Vault or my DAC....NAD M51.
jmarshak, this was my original post. I ended up going with an Aurender N100H for a streamer and a Holo Audio Spring DAC, Kitsune edition. I couldn't be happier. I must say that 750D is a very nice piece of gear. Find an Aurender used here (there is an A10 listed) and you will be very satisfied with the results.
@jmarshak we ended up choosing LUMIN. The hardware is designed like a real CE product, and built like a high-end piece of kit. The software is easy to use and flexible.

@falconquest @nekoaudio - both the mentioned Aurender and LUMIN appear to be really nice audiophile grade components. Interesting.

So, what I was struggling to understand was - what makes a great Steamer?

We know ‘Speed’ of digital packet delivery is important. However, since these are digital packets (zeros and ones), then either the entire digital packet is delivered, or none of it. And if a packet is NOT delivered to the DAC, I believe the worst that can happen - is that the music will stop until the device buffers back up and then the music will restart again. And as long as your internet connection and streamer is fast enough, you should not have this problem.

So what are the other hardware / software characteristics of a good Steamer?