Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I understood you, Tom.

I am somewhat flabbergasted that any Chinese elements were ever used in a Thiel Audio product.  You certainly have your work cut out for you.  I wish you and Rob every success.
@sgmlaw 
I was disappointed to learn that my late SEs had Chinese-sourced crossovers and probably would not have bought them had I known this. Nevertheless, the drivers are superb and the cabinets are good . . . and now Tom Thiel is working on an upgrade that will handily surpass any OEM Thiel XO regardless of its source. My new boards have Clarity Caps (UK), Erse coils (USA, Rob Gillum told me some coils were sourced from Jantzen), Mills resistors (USA and Mexico), and Cardas or Straightwire (USA).
tomthiel
my nut for the mis-interpretation of root word wire. Agreed, a straight wire does indeed exhibit behaviors beyond resistance, capacitance and inductance.  Thank You for the connection between StraightWire and Thiel Audio. Those guys were early adopters like M.I.T. and Transparent Audio (not counting Monster Cable brand) for aftermarket applications. Very interesting.
Happy Listening!
beetlemaniaI recall that you own #163/164 speakers. I own #177/178 speakers.It would be interesting to learn if all of these individual loudspeakers were built and shipped in one lot? Or, were they built and released in smaller lots by a certain number within each lot? Much Thanks for identifying the country of origin for Clarity Caps, Erse Coils, Jantzen, Mills Resistors.
Where are Mundorf, Dueland and Path sourced?
Andy, Holco, Tom and You,  have certainly accomplished your homework on this project. Have fun you guys.
Happy Listening!