Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
tomthielThank You for your continued wire talk and its application within our loudspeakers. Fascinating insider discoveries and evaluations by you DIY guys.  The late Mr. Don Hoatson was an endorser of the Straight Wire brand. I wonder if he ever carried other cabling brand(s) in his operation?
Does Mr. Rob Gillum use Straight Wire to repair, re-wire cross-overs, drivers,  at CSS?

Happy Listening!
To clarify, in the last paragraph of my previous post I was referring to "wire", not the brand StraightWire. I meant to say that all wire has many effects and artifacts beyond resistance, capacitance and inductance. Most of those spurious artifacts exhibit in the time domain with frequency related phase shifts and distortions.

That said, the brand StraightWire was Thiel's long term wire source. My summer of 1978 was spent researching wire, which led to the ITT aerospace 18/2 twisted in teflon and same-source coil wire. As time went by, that technology and non-military market was transferred to another Florida company, and StraightWire became their distributor. Thiel became StraightWire's customer sometime in the mid 80s. One of the partners spun off to form WireWorld and Thiel sometimes used their cable products at shows along with various other brands. But the industrial wire from the factory continued to be supplied to a broad market by StraightWire. The wire I got from Rob earlier this year was that same StraightWire. The wire in the Chinese Thiel crossovers looks the same, but I have no way to verify its particulars.
I understood you, Tom.

I am somewhat flabbergasted that any Chinese elements were ever used in a Thiel Audio product.  You certainly have your work cut out for you.  I wish you and Rob every success.
@sgmlaw 
I was disappointed to learn that my late SEs had Chinese-sourced crossovers and probably would not have bought them had I known this. Nevertheless, the drivers are superb and the cabinets are good . . . and now Tom Thiel is working on an upgrade that will handily surpass any OEM Thiel XO regardless of its source. My new boards have Clarity Caps (UK), Erse coils (USA, Rob Gillum told me some coils were sourced from Jantzen), Mills resistors (USA and Mexico), and Cardas or Straightwire (USA).