linn sondek tt

Does anybody still buy this? I just noticed many of their old dealers are gone.i wonder why?
theoriginalthor1
I had Linns for 20yrs. Went through the upgrade cycle Linn  so cleverly incorporated into  ownership. Compared my dealer set up LP12 to a mitchell orbe fitted with an ekos and Lyra cart, as was my Linn - preferred the Orbe. 
My initial replacement was a sme 20 - more resolving, increased texture in the bass a more neutral sound.
I now have a Kuzma Xl which never ceases to amaze me with it's sense of scale, detail, depth, sound stage, instrument placement etc. The LP12 could never render a convincing sweep of a large orchestra, or hold my attention for hours like the Kuzma.
Obviously the newer LP12s are much improved but it is essentially the same technology.
A friend has a new mid priced LP12 - I prefer his naim digital output on most recordings.
@dctom How many years ago did you own the LP12? What version was it?
Here’s the other issue that seems to crop up frequently, that is the ancillary gear that people listen, or listened to, is very very different from set up to set up....but the table is always the culprit...this makes no sense to me.
Having placed the Kuzma into the same system as the LP12 Klimax, all who heard the system preferred the Linn....that day and with the same ancillary gear and same room....how many can say that about the listening experience that they had...can you dctom?
Daveyf, the Linn is not the end all be all table.  No table is.  if he likes the Kuzma better, to him its better, there is no reason try to figure out why the Linn did not sound better.  To him it did not anymore.  Just like others who had Linns and maybe want to try something else.  The Linn is a very good table, no doubt, but its got plenty of challengers and thats just the way it is.
@tzh21y LOL, don’t get so upset! The Linn is a great table that tends to get a raw deal on forums and from folks like you. Personally, i couldn’t care one bit if you can hear what it does well or not. Is it the best table in the world, of course not- and it depends on your listening habits and other variables, ( i’m not claiming it is, BTW..and nowhere can you see that i stated such a stupid comment). Do i come on forums and push back on people who no experience with the table, but are only too happy to naysay and disseminate false information... yes, I do.
 @daveyf
“Is it the best table in the world, of course not- “

well said we both agree.