OPINIONS PLEASE - Phonostage for new Rega P8/Apheta 2 - Sutherland 20/20 or Allnic 1201

OPINIONS PLEASE - Phonostage for new Rega P8/Apheta 2 - Down to Sutherland 20/20 or Allnic 1201 phonostages. Can anyone tell me anything about either? Would consider other in this price new/used but these seem pretty good.

I have got down to these two mainly for price (under $2k) and where my simple research has led. 

I am big into Digital and want to play around with some decent vinyl.

Nothing crazy but good enough that my Bricasti MISE w/Built in Ethernet Media Player doesn't blow it away so I am trying to put together a decent enough vinyl front end that will sound good enough that I want to use it. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Background:

I recently ordered new speakers that should be in a few weeks. Time for me to set up my vinyl front end to prepare for them. I am trading my Magico S5 for S5 MK II. 

Room is 12 x 23 w/Cathedral Ceilings - 15 Foot a peak - Set on long wall

https://www.flickr.com/photos/35630112@N05/46190013771/in/dateposted-public/

Music: Assorted Music no metal or loud hard rock anymore really - not much Large Scale classical either but everything else.

Likes: Transparency- Delicate-linear-Dynamic-Fast - high resolution-microscope but not sterile not etched or lifeless - I know there is a fine Line here but I'm looking to walk it and come out on the right side - but real see through into the music with some sheen and dabs of warmth - transparent to the source because I love my DAC - image and sound stage lover - tight bass - hate flab - like speed and transparency as my selection choices might speak to

From Audiogon Virtual System page:
https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/5160

Associated Equipment:

> Digital:
- DAC: Bricasti Design M1 Special Edition DAC 
- Digital Transport: Bricasti M12 Built-In Ethernet Network Player

> Analogue:
- Turntable: Rega Planer 8
- Tonearm: Rega RB880 Tonearm
- Cartridge: Rega Alpheta 2 MC

> Preamplification:
- Linestage: Simaudio Moon Evolution P-8 Reference Preamplifer 
- Phonostage:TBD

> Amplification:
- Power Amplifier: Pass Labs X250.8 Stereo Amplifier

> Loudspeakers:
- Transducers: Magico S5 MKII Reference Loudspeakers MCast Pewter, (Trading S5 MK I)

> Power Supplies:
- Linear Power Supplies: Uptone Audio JS-2 (2-Rail) Linear Power Supply, The Linear Solution LPS-912 Network Switch Proprietary Linear Power Supply, Breeze Audio 12v Linear Power Supplies (2-units),
- Switching Mode Power Supplies: iFi Audio iPower 9V DC
- Turntable Power Supply: Rega Neo PSU 

> AC Power:
- Conditioning: PS Audio Noise Harvesters (6) 
- Outlets: Furutech GTX (R), Oyaide R1 Beryllium (2),
- Surge / Spike Protection: Blue Circle Audio The Yalu Balula
- Power Strip: PS Audio Juice Bar MK II

> Audio Network Server / Hardware / Software:  
- Servers: Small Green Computer SonicTransporter,
- Storage: WD My Cloud 12v 2TB NAS, 
- PC: Qotom 190S Dual-Port - Baytrail J1900 12v Micro-PC
- Network Switch: The Linear Solution OCXO Audiophile Switch,
- Audio Software: Sonic Orbiter,  ROON 1.4

> Cables:
- Interconnect Cables: Kubala-Sosna Research Emotion XLR 2.0M, Kubala-Sosna Research Emotion XLR 1.5M, Darwin Ascension RCA 0.5M, 
- Speaker Cables: Kubala-Sosna Research Emotion 2.5M Spades,
- AC Cables : Kubala-Sosna Emotion AC 2.0M (2) Kubala-Sosna Elation AC 1.5M, Zu Event MK I AC 1.5M (3)  
- DC Cables: Gent Audio Custom DC Cables (Canare/Oyaide) (6), Upton Audio DC Cable 1M 
- USB: Audiocadabra Ultimus3 Double-Head Silver USB Cable, Curious Regen link, Uptone Audio USPCB A/B USB 
- Digital: Black Cat Silverstar 75 BNC/RCA 1.0M, MIT Terminator-3 RCA 1.0M, DH Labs Silver Sonic D-75 RCA 1.0M (2), Tara Labs Prism 100dx-1 Tosilink 1M.
- HDMI: AudioQuest Chocolate 1.0M, AudioQuest Forest 3.0M,
- Ethernet: AudioQuest Vodka RJ/E 1.0M, Cardas Clear RJ/E 0.5M, The Linear Solution Custom RJ/E 1.5M.

> Sundries / Accessories:
- Audio Racks: Solid Tech Hybrid 3+3 Shelves Audio Rack w/White Shelves and Silver Pillars, Solid Tech Rack of Silence Amplifier Stand
- Isolation Devices: SRA Ohio Class Isolation Platform, Symposium Acoustics Svelte Plus Isolation Platform, Isoacoustic Iso-pucks (8), Red Dragon Audio Ceramic Cable Elevators (4), EdenSound Brass Vibration Weights (8), Bright Star IsoNode Footers,
- Re-clock/Tester: DROK USB Multi-meter/Tester, Wyred 4 Sound Remedy Femto.

- Fsmithjack

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfsmithjack
If it were me, I would confirm that the Duo does not use op amps.  But, ultimately, if you are happy, then that is all that counts.  Enjoy!
@fsmithjack   Fantastic deal on really fine AQ interconnects NEW with 72 volt DBS system.  

MusicDirect has the AQ Colorado 1meter RCAs for $360/meter pair.  That's ½ their original selling price! Colorado uses PSC+ copper with FEP (Teflon) air tube dielectric.  I have my entire system wired with them.  They aren't going anywhere.

edwyun

Thanks - yes it has a couple op amps but I am more worried about the best sound per buck. I would prefer discrete but fear this level of performance with all discrete will cost much more.

It is my first "Real Concerted" foray into vinyl so learning as I go.

I know my Bricasti / Simaudio / Pass / Kubala / Magico combo sounds amazing so I was hoping to get a Table/Cart/Phono/IC/AC cable set up to be compelling enough to get up and load another record vs  just flipping the input on the remote and grabbing the Iphone/Roon to my way to another to another track instead.

hifiman5

How are those AQ Colorado? Are they real good? Thats a great price if the performance is strong enough that would be amazing. 

If you like your Pass Labs component now, I think you would like the XP15 (now discontinued) or the XP17 (its successor).  You can find used XP15's on Audiogon for $2,500 periodically.

Best decision I made was the Pass Labs XP15.  It far outclassed the Rega RP6.  When I finally made the decision to be in/out of vinyl, I went for the RP10 with the Apheta 2, and it's a great match for the XP15.  I think the RP8 is close to the RP10 in sound, and the cartridge you are proposing is exactly the same as the one I have.  Sounds great-- but only on well recorded music.
Love your system. I got back into vinyl several yrs ago and love it. I am using an Allnic h-3000 and know you would be very pleased with the Allnic product. I like the blend of tubes an s.s  particularly with preamp and phonostage. A close friend has the Sutherland product and is very happy. I also have an Allnic l-3000 pre that I switch out with my edge sig 1.1 pre. Best wishes