Sound Quality of red book CDs vs.streaming

I’ve found that the SQ of my red book CDs exceeds that of streaming using the identical recordings for comparison. (I’m not including hi res technology here.)
I would like to stop buying CDs, save money, and just stream, but I really find I enjoy the CDs more because of the better overall sonic performance.
 I stream with Chromecast Audio using  the same DAC (Schiit Gumby) as I play CDs through.
I’m wondering if others have had the same experience
128x128rvpiano
@bo1972  

You still haven't answered my question. So to you the Lumin is an absolute best (best of the best) and the all the other brands are garbage or is Lumin the best in their price points? 

I have been putting off getting a music server, I really like owning the physical CD.  For the last few years I was listening to a hard drive with my CDs ripped to FLAC via computer through my OPPO player and DAC.  While the sound and overall convenience was great it really was a PITA to unplug the drive and plug it into a PC to add music.  

I finally caved in and bought a BlueSound Vault 2i and although I just set it up I can say I think it was a worthwhile purchase.  Set up was super easy, I was playing songs from my drive , listening to internet radio, sending music from my tablet to it via Blutooth...   this thing is like the Swiss Army knife of gadgets.  
I will try to explain it. All people who sell audio products have a totally different focus than I have. It is not even comparable. They all work by trail and error. So they all connect a Lumin with an amp, loudspeakers and cables togheter.

And again we are talking about facts. But when I would ask them: what is the DNA of a Lumin? Or what are the differrent properties/aspects of sound a Lumin can reveal or does not own?

They all have no idea. Based on the fact that their insight is not able to think by properties. No do they see the different connections between each single part within an audio system.

We know in details the full DNA of a Lumin networkplayer. Because we choose it by DNA. So we know how to create and use the full potential of it. As we know which cables and other accessoires you can use and which you cannot use.

We use the menu and settings even different than all other companies who sell Lumin products. We modify all Lumin Players and even the Lumin L1 drive. This creates a superior level compared to each Lumin out of a box.

Audio shops sell Lumin players out of a box by trial and error. And again we are talking about a 100% fact. No person in the world can deny or change that. Sometimes I send new clients to a shop to audition the same Lumin as they want to audition at our place.

I already know the outcome even before I have send them to the other shop. The level out of the same Lumin (even without a modification) is superior by Tru-Fi compared to the same Lumin in any audioshop on this planet.

You and all shops see it as a product. It is just a Lumin out of a box. In our world we are only interested in the DNA of a Lumin. When you use a Lumin by Tru-Fi the level in effectiveness is far superior to the limited level you can reach by trail and error.

I give you another example, when an audio shop visits their clients to install an audio system or a part of it. They bring in a few screwdrivers, a measuring tape. And sometimes a leveler. When they install a new flatscreen they come with simmilar tools.

Now our world. When we install an audio system or an part we come with the most advanced high tech measurement equipment and tools of over 7000 dollar.

When we come to install a flatscreen again we come with the most advanced calibration software in the world with the best tools of over 7000 dollar. The tru-fi world is a world what goed so much further in details than the limited trail and error world ever will and can go.

Superiority is a choice you make as a company. We have to goal and ambition to be the best in our world. Insight and knowledge you only can create by research and testing. And we are talking about thousands of hours. And this never stops and will go on untill I quite.

So now I hope you will understand that a Lumin out of a box is a totally different Lumin by Tru-Fi.

I agree that practically every device on the market can benefit from mods.  Empirical Audio modded 40 different components for about 10 years.  Very lucrative business and lots of happy customers.  However, I got to the point that I could not get the ultimate performance from other companies products with mods in them.  I had to design my own components. My customers begged me to do this.

I still mod components, but only my own.  Every component I make has gone through at least 3 improvements, most of them inexpensive upgrades. It's a vestige from many years at Intel, where continuous improvement is part of the culture.

I also agree that 2- dimensional sound is pervasive, and even sound that resides only between the speakers.  It requires some expenditure to achieve wide and deep soundstage and 3-dimensionality.  It also requires every single thing in the system to be optimized.  Even one poor cable can screw the pooch.

Steve N.

Empirical Audio

Yet, 50% of the sound is attributable to the room.  Room acoustics are more important on a percentage basis than a modified Lumin1.  The totality of the audio system equipment, media and tweaks is half the sound.  I'd like to know how your sound room was constructed to meet the 50% portion of the absolute best sound in the world?