Sound Quality of red book CDs vs.streaming

I’ve found that the SQ of my red book CDs exceeds that of streaming using the identical recordings for comparison. (I’m not including hi res technology here.)
I would like to stop buying CDs, save money, and just stream, but I really find I enjoy the CDs more because of the better overall sonic performance.
 I stream with Chromecast Audio using  the same DAC (Schiit Gumby) as I play CDs through.
I’m wondering if others have had the same experience
128x128rvpiano
Having music free of any compression, gives you more space to listen to your music louder, and your brain likes it, and enjoys the building crescendo's, as then it's not so relentless and fatiguing that you have to turn it down if it were compressed.

Like I said above, the only time compression works for music, is when its not the main consideration to be listened to, when it's a silence filler, noise masker or earbud/ear-drum saver.  
1: dinner parties
2: background music
3: in lifts
4: when your on the phone
5: not to blow up ear buds or your ears
6: and to stop the wife from saying turn it down during crescendo’s
7: in the car so the road noise doesn’t mask the low level parts.
8: late at night when everyone else asleep.

Cheers George
Just get the steaming service and be done with it.  I have a "family plan" from Tidal with 5 users, so it comes to $6 month/user.  I am by no means wealthy, but that is a trivial expense for me.

I just recently subscribed to Idagio.  So far I have been very impressed.  Searching (classical) is much better than Tidal (Tidal is great for pop).  If you have enough information about the specific performance you want, you will either find it or they don't have it.

I still buy records and CDs.  But I am constantly amazed by what is available through my streaming services.

PS:  the streaming services I use stream up to 16/44.1.  I am perfectly content with that.  I used to use Classical Archives (excellent service) that streams 320 kbps.  Yes, I can tell the difference, but only if I really concentrate on sound quality and listen for specific sound signatures of compressed files.  That is exhausting, and I'll wager that if you tested me I would be less discerning than I think I am.  It's like the difference between having 22 vs. 23 marshmallows in you bowl of Lucky Charms.  But if you obsess on it, it could ruin your listening experience.  YMMV.

Well, after obtaining a streamer (Arcam,)  and dumping Chromecast Audio, I still find CDs superior sonically to streaming when comparing identical tracks.
 The streamer is close though.
rvpiano, maybe I missed it but did you mention what CD player you have? Someone else had a similar experience as yours using an Esoteric K-05x player which is obviously difficult to match with most if not all streaming devices. It needs to be apple to apple comparison.