Integrated Amp Recommendation

I have a Musical Fidelity A3.2 integrated amplifier that started making static when the volume is adjusted. The authorized repair shop informs me it needs a complete overhaul -- for $900. I am considering 3 options:

1) Repair it -- the repair shop tells me essentially they don't make them anymore like they used to and this is a great unit that I can get another 10 years out of.

2) Replace it with a Musical Fidelity M5si for $2k or a few hundred less for a factory-refurbished unit.

3) Something else... Rotel 1592? Parasound Halo?

The speakers are B&W 804's. Input is a Naim Uniti media server through a Naim DAC. No vinyl.

Any advice, recommendations and suggestions welcome!

Thanks,

Bill
128x128wsomers
Can you see the volume control with the lid removed?  If so, I would be inclined to give it a good shot of contact cleaner through any visible gaps in the control.  Might be a cheap fix.
For a new integrated, my recommendation is a Wired 4 Sound STI 500.  Both pairs of my B&W speakers sound better with this amp than any class a/b amps I’ve tried.  Note, I’m using separates not an integrated.
Best advice so far:
1.Try contact cleaner,most likely just dirty contacts...
2.As helomech stated,always get a second opinion...
 3.Something new...TUBES or a Hybrid(Tube Pre Amp,SS Power in 1 box(integrated amp)...
Go for a Musical Fidelity M6si.  Had one for a couple years and thought it was a really great integrated for the money.
I'd get a 2nd opinion on the repairs first, especially if you like that unit. 

I have owned a couple of Peachtree's integrateds (the Grand X1 and Nova 300).  If you need a lot of power and a lot of bells and whistles (DAC, headphone amp, HTPB, phono) the Nova 300 is really nice and you can find them close to your budget.  They're both great sounding units and very neutral. 

Ultimately, I replaced both, "downsizing" to something more simple.  I replaced the Grand X1 with a used Audio Research VSI55 (love the tubes!) and replaced the Nova with a Heed Elixir ($1200) which I think sounds better than the Peachtrees.
Thanks for all the great feedback!  My 804's are 15 years old, made before the diamond series was introduced.  I open up my Musical Fidelity integrated and sprayed contact cleaner on the volume control, but that didn't solve the problem.  The Musical Fidelity distributor informed me that it's normal that the capacitors will dry up after 15 years or so, and was not surprised that they need to be replaced.  I trust the tech service who gave me the estimate, although apparently they have a reputation for being very expensive.  But then there seems to be no one in New York City who can do it for less.  

Does anyone have an opinion on whether the new Musical Fidelity integrateds are as good as the old ones like I have?  The tech guy, who seems honest and very knowledge -- and a real purist -- feels the old ones are better, with a warmer sound...