My dilemma

I have a Mac 275mkvi with a Conrad Johnson preamp driving Magnepan 1.7. I have been looking for a simpler setup that my wife can run. Also some system that has a ht bypass. I am about to pull the trigger on a hint 6 or peachtree nova 150. Sound wise am I making a mistake?
audiomaze
Maggies are better served with a strong solid state amp i think. (maggies are tough to drive). I would also KEEP your MAC & CJ and find some better matched speakers, later on.

Matt
I would say yes.  A a Parasound Halo amp is not in the same league as the Mac tube amp. However, your speakers like power and high current that the Mac can’t give you. 
Maggie will tell you that plenty of tube amps are the best matches. The best I've heard them was with big Rogue monoblocks. OTOH, a number of dealers show Maggies with Mac solid state amps...If you are into Mac, that's an option. The big BAT ss amp is an option too, but I certainly wouldn't call it making your system simpler.
Most folks suggest integrated amp when poster graves simplicity, but I would say that most often power amps barely get touched by a secondary user. It's all preamp user interface/experience that makes joy for a secondary user. Cheers,
Spencer