Zerostat Milty really?

Ok. So I have massive amounts of static at times when playing vinyl. So much so that it can pull my arm from my table (Thorens TD-124) onto the platter when removing the lp. I am worried I will ruin my stylus when it hits. So I bought the Zerostat and have been using it according to the instructions and the static is still out of control. Is this thing for real or what? Am I doing something wrong? Please help. 
fromunda
I had bad static issues as well in my past home in NY. Carpet throughout. The Zerostat Milty did nothing for the static issue. I ended up with an Acoustech Big Record brush. That got rid of the static. Funny thing is, I just bought it for a record brush not knowing it would take care of static issues. 
I have hardwood floors through out the house. Tride the Acoustec brush years ago to no avail. 
In addition to addressing the environmental issues mentioned above, it is helpful to have a record brush grounded to a nearby electrical outlet. You can either make one yourself (brush with metal handle and attached wire to nearby outlet) or buy one such as that sold by Mapleshade. I bought one after rigging one up myself to be sure it would help. Works for me. Just use it in every record side before and after playback. Hope this helps.
Purchase a humidifier. Your air is too dry. BTW, I just saw a video about an anti-static device that sits next to your TT and has a swing-over arm that hangs over your record and emits anti-static ju-ju to zap static.
Can’t remember where I saw video, probably RMAF show on YouTube. Also, Zerostat used to be 10 times more powerful (in the '70s) But parents got worried about causing genetic damage to their children so Zerostat changed the product to its current, pathetic (IMO) form.
@fromunda I use a Milty Zerostat every time I play a record after the Discwasher brush which is treated on the leading edge only with Discwasher D4+ fluid. I’ve found it very effective in neutralizing static charges that used to cause ticks and pops. My environment is 22 •C with between 30% and 40% RH, and a Technics SL-1700mk2 with original 6mm rubber platter mat, so I have pretty much ideal conditions to begin with. One reason you might be experiencing no results is the Zerostat test plug might still be attached to the business end of the Zerostat when you are using it. The test plug is only to confirm that the piezoelectric element is producing electrical charges, and must be removed before attempting to neutralize static on a record. By the way, it will neutralize static charges on any object, including the platter and dustcover.