Advice on buying good CD player that will outperform my Primare cd31

Hello everyone,
I'm currently thinking about changing the cd player and I would appreciate if someone has good advice on buying good red book player that will outperform my Primare cd31.
The budget is around 2000-2500eur and second hand devices are wellcome...
The rest of the system is integrated amp. Bladelius Thor mk3 novitas and Vienna acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand.
miko67
I would recommend Onkyo C-N7050, it has a foot in both camps, being both a CD player and music streamer. A truly versatile bit of kit.
I am solidly in the "transport + DAC" camp these days.  The DAC in the Primare should be wonderful, so it may be you just don't like the flavor of the R2R DAC in the unit.  I would try out different DACs before I spent too much money on an all-in-one CD player.
The Marantz Reference SA-11S3 is an incredible sounding CD/SACD player. Had many  exotic type players over the past 30 years and the Marantz Reference SA11S3 sounds so accurate and natural. Built like a tank “38 pounds” . I am very happy with it. It saved me tons of money when selling my other players costing up to $25,000 in other digital setups.  In fact I would buy another Marantz SA-11S3 in a heartbeat for my secondary stereo system but they are so hard to find on the market in mint condition.
I have a Primare I32 and an EVS modded Oppo BDP-105D. It's a very nice combo; but I'd love to hear a Primare-to-Primare to compare.
miko67

Excellent suggestions as above. If you enjoy the Primare sound go for a CD35 player.  Keep me posted on the player(s) that you audition.

Happy Listening!