What components might I check into that have a small foot print?

I am trying to set up a second system in some cube type shelving that is only 13 inches wide, and 15 inches deep. The hardest thing to accommodate is a CD player. My Fisher tube mono's will fit, and, the Cary SLP 90 preamp will also. Any other suggestions? Also, what if I (god forbid) decided to go solid state so that the system would be user friendly for others. What might I look for? Thank you in advance for any ideas.
hifiharv
My recommendation is to ditch the CD player completely.  Replace it with a Bluesound Vault 2.  It measures approximately 8x8x4.  Copy all your CD’s to the Bluesound which is simple with the built in drive.  Selection, internet radio, streaming, and volume control from an iPad or iPhone.  Easy to use and sounds great.  Then add a Tidal subscription to really expand your musical appetite.

Note it does require a hardwire internet connection.

Now if you only have wireless at that location, you could just use a Bluesound Node 2 with a Tidal subscription.  Unless your collection is very eclectic, Tidal will likely have the albums you already have on your CD’s.

Or if only wireless, use something like a netgear Ethernet extender with port to make that wired connection in your small space
Schiit, Peachtree, Cyrus Audio, Wyred 4 Sound, and a couple of offerings from PS Audio