Have transports improved for Redbook CD playback?

So I’m contemplating getting a new transport. I own an Oppo BDP-83SE player and a CAL Delta transport. I still use my transport and player for Redbook playback. 

Have transports improved for Redbook CD playback?
128x128celander
What’s it mean to be a “single speed player,” such as the Primeforce CDT-8 Pro?

Are universal players multi-speed players? And don’t Redbook players vary speed as a function of disc reading location? 
I looked at Jay's Audio transport offerings, I was very surprised that they do not have Toslink
For me the answer is simple: VRDS-Neo... The only transport which solves the problem of badly pressed CDs (as described at square-2.com), and this is what I will be getting for myself (with Schiit or Naim DAC) for an upgrade from my present CDS3/Wadia 781i... All these pains of reducing external vibrations seem slightly irrelevant to me, once I measured that the most vibration onto CD/SACD mechanism is actually coming from the inside, from the badly pressed CDs... 
So far I bought all available "CD mats" which promise to reduce CD vibration while spinning, if any will reduce it, I will post an update to my blog. But VRDS-Neo clamps CD to a heavy "top-platter" and any pressing glitches should be reduced drastically. 
Celander,
I have an Exemplar modded Oppo 83 that I play SACDs on. I couldn’t run it to my Schiit Gumby because it has no 2 channel output other than the rca, as I recall.  Check your Oppo and the DAC; I’m not sure you can run the Oppo to it.
Oppo DACs seem to be pretty good. I think my Mac changer through the Gumby sounds a bit better than a Red Book on the Oppo, myself.