Isoacoustics Gaia Speaker Footers

Replacing the spikes in my Soundocity outriggers (Soundocity made me a set of outriggers with threaded holes) with the Isoacoustics Gaia 2 footers has improved the sound of my Merlin VSM speakers.  They now sound more open and articulate than with any combination of Z-feet or other spikes, with or without outriggers, on the floor or on a platform, that I've tried.  Like the Townshend products the Gaia footers completely decouple the speakers from the floor, allowing them to float.  See:

http://www.audiostream.com/content/isoacoustics-gaia-isolation-pucks#IVXH8EtVAjQdwbuj.97     

http://www.isoacoustics.com/products/gaia-series/gaia-i/

128x128cellcbern
@milpai , I have the Tekton Double Impact SE. I didn’t do a particularly good comparison since the speakers were still new and breaking in when I installed them. I also installed Soundcity outriggers for stability. I would say though most noticeable was a tightening of the bass frequency.

I'm in the same boat as "lancelock".  I installed Gaia I footers with outriggers under my Tekton DI SE speakers.  They seem to work very well.  I just ordered the Tekton Encore which are 175lb each and the Gaia I should work very well with them too.

I just finished reading this thread and found it quite interesting, however, I have a few questions.

1. I have the Focal Sopra 2’s speakers on their way to me at this time. And I also ordered the ISO GAIA 1’s.
First, I would like to experiment with proper room placement for the speakers. Any preference as to removing the spikes from the Sopra’s as they come out of the box or should I wait until I am ready to install the GAIA’s?

2. Now, for a heavy speaker like the Focal Sopra 2’s should I install the Gaia 1’s while the speakers are standing upright or with the speakers laying on there sides?

3. Also, if my floor is concrete but it is carpeted with no padding, do I really need the extra cups/spikes?

ozzy
Anyone new users with Gaia footer experience? I am thinking of upgrading the stock spikes on my loudspeakers with these. Any ProAc users with Gaia?