Carver Amazing Line Source Speakers

Since I now own the Carver Raven 350 amps, I have become very interested in the Carver Amazing Line Source speakers. But I have not been able to actually hear them.
Can anyone who has heard them comment as to the sound quality?

Thank you
ozzy
128x128ozzy
@ozzy

I just noticed that on the rear panel of the Premate the "main" outputs are also identified as L2/R2, and the "sub" outputs as L1/R1. And the jumper block information on page 166 of the manual of course uses L and R designations, rather than bass, mids, and highs.

So when you referred to the jumpers initially being on the mids and bass, are you sure that they were on L1/R1 and L2/R2, as opposed to L3/R3 and L2/R2?

Best regards,
-- Al
almarg,

Inside my DEQX Premate unit the jumpers are labeled as; R bass, L bass, R mid, L mid, R high, L high.
On the back of the unit the outputs are labeled as you say which also corresponds to the DEQX home screen.
Confusing? So is the manual...

All I can say is with the output jumpers on all 3 output sections the balanced out plays dead quite. Removing the high jumpers introduces very high hiss with the balanced out.

ozzy
Ozzy, your experience with the Carver amp reminds me of mine with my Carver Cherry 180 amp. I bought it around 9 years ago. I bought a new custom speaker and started to drive it with the Carver. However, the bass sounded weak and the bias meter would go back and forth full sweep like crazy with bass transients. I thought there was something wrong with the amp. I called Bob, and he told me unequivocally it’s not the amp but the speakers. Well, he was right. The speaker designer reversed the mid/bass crossover with the tweeter section. I’ve also called him with other issues and he always came up with an answer to fix it. He’s like no other designer I know.
dracule1,

Bob was a big reason I went with the amps and speakers. Creative genius.

ozzy