Phono Preamp Recommendations

I realize this is a fairly open ended question but I’m looking for recommendations for a phono preamp. Would like to keep it under 3k but am flexible. I’m using a Pro-Ject Xtension 12, Sumiko Palos Santos moving coil cartridge through the phono preamp in a Mytek Brooklyn+ DAC. Amp is a Hegel H160 integrated and Wilson Sabrina speakers. I’m not familiar with tubes but wouldn’t rule them out. I haven’t started auditioning phono preamps yet but would like some recommendations to start the process. The preamp in the Mytek is good but I believe my system would benefit from a dedicated phono preamp. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
128x128wally1966
I'm with @analogluvr .  I haven't heard anything better than my Herron Audio VTPH-2a.  I bought it AFTER listening to other phono stages and after experiencing Herron Audio customer service.  It's a slight stretch over $3K, but IMO, you shouldn't find the need to update your phono stage in the future.  In my opinion.  
I'll offer an enthusiastic second to Analogluvr's recommendation of the Herron phono stage. And as he alluded to if you read the comments on it that a number of other members have posted in past threads here I think you'll conclude that you can't go wrong with it in its price range, or even in comparison with phono stages that are considerably more expensive.

Also, consistent with Analogluvr's comments one could not hope to find a more wonderful designer/manufacturer to deal with than Keith Herron.

I'll mention also that like many and probably most tube-based phono stages the Herron will not perform optimally when driving low impedances. But based on Stereophile's measurements of your H160 that won't be a problem. Since the Herron only provides unbalanced outputs you would be connecting to the unbalanced inputs of the amp, which have a much higher input impedance than its balanced inputs. I would expect the very low 9.4K input impedance of the H160's balanced inputs to be problematical for many tube-based phono stages or other source components.

Good luck. Regards,
-- Al