Nakamichi Cassette Decks

I would like to hear from anyone who can tell me if the Nakamichi decks are better than say a upper end Denon DRW 800A, And second is there a big dirrence in the way the different models sound in playback mode. I' thinking of buying a Nakamichi MR2
fleeceba
just got my deck from bdp24....
love it
true naks play best stuff recorded on them
most of my needle drop tapes were made on a Tandberg 440a
but they sound very good
and it has been a blast going thru my long dormant 80’s tape collection, even found the LiL Feat tape I made for my future wife before first date....

your results may vary....

thank you Eric.....

I was in a very cordial email conversation with a gent from Russia who was selling his Nakamichi 1000zxl. I almost bought a Dragon from Slovakia due to the voltage similarities Eu and Aust. have but pulled out from a not right feeling.

The Russian seller agreed that the 1000zxl was a better machine, but by not so much. The 1000zx was a bigger more formidable unit. Unfortunately, I was bought out overnight, and I was ready to fork out the big dollars for it. Such is the time difference between us.

The next day, ruing the loss, I rationalised why I was ready to spent so much on what would have been an isolated unit in my Audio setup. I binned my complete cassette (and my Wife's), 8 months ago. What was my incentive? To own a historic museum piece. And that was it.

I play a lot of vinyl and own 5 TT's, including a Nakamichi Dragon CT. Not the TX1000 darn, but a great player all the same. :}

Still very happy with my 582 which I bought mainly to play my old collection of tapes AND because it was so freaking cheap it would have been criminal not to buy it! Have it hooked up with a pair of Nordost White Lightning interconnect to my main system.
On many tapes the sq is very close to a vinyl version of same album.
@vinny55  not at the moment as I have had these decks restored very recently. The BIG Nak I bought directly from Willy Hermann and the Tandberg were restored by (Late) Ken McQueen. I'll let you know if I change my mind ;).

I'd agree that the 682 ZX ( not the 680) comes close to 1000zxl in PB only. I've not heard a better recorder than the 1000zxl. It boils down to the way the 1000 calibrates the deck for the tape it's going to record on.