Nakamichi Cassette Decks

I would like to hear from anyone who can tell me if the Nakamichi decks are better than say a upper end Denon DRW 800A, And second is there a big dirrence in the way the different models sound in playback mode. I' thinking of buying a Nakamichi MR2
fleeceba
I just confirmed with a serious die hard nak collector 680 series next best thing to 1000zxl including gold limited which he owns and every other nak and other high end decks.
He said 680series are the only nak decks the deep bass comes closest to the 1000zxls
just got my deck from bdp24....
love it
true naks play best stuff recorded on them
most of my needle drop tapes were made on a Tandberg 440a
but they sound very good
and it has been a blast going thru my long dormant 80’s tape collection, even found the LiL Feat tape I made for my future wife before first date....

your results may vary....

thank you Eric.....

I was in a very cordial email conversation with a gent from Russia who was selling his Nakamichi 1000zxl. I almost bought a Dragon from Slovakia due to the voltage similarities Eu and Aust. have but pulled out from a not right feeling.

The Russian seller agreed that the 1000zxl was a better machine, but by not so much. The 1000zx was a bigger more formidable unit. Unfortunately, I was bought out overnight, and I was ready to fork out the big dollars for it. Such is the time difference between us.

The next day, ruing the loss, I rationalised why I was ready to spent so much on what would have been an isolated unit in my Audio setup. I binned my complete cassette (and my Wife's), 8 months ago. What was my incentive? To own a historic museum piece. And that was it.

I play a lot of vinyl and own 5 TT's, including a Nakamichi Dragon CT. Not the TX1000 darn, but a great player all the same. :}