Favorite Dylan?

I'm loving Slow Train Coming on vinyl.  It's always been one of my favorites.  Mark Knopfler's guitar work is a treat, and the songs are great.  I know for some it was a turn off because of the born again phase, but if you can put that aside you cannot deny the brilliance of this record.

Runner up is Time Out Of Mind.  Magical....

128x128snackeyp
Charles Lloyd, ay jafant? He's been a crossover-musician (Jazz to Rock) for a long time, working with The Beach Boys in the early 70's. He with Lucinda is reminiscent of Joni Mitchell going in a decidedly Jazz direction in the late 70's, though Charles will come towards Lucinda, I predict. I've been completely obsessed with Lucinda for a few months now, listening to her almost exclusively. Right now her West album is playing.
With Dylan My "favorite" changes regularly.Just picked up Mofi 45rpm "Desire" this afternoon. I will clean it in a few minutes and give it a spin. I remember walking into a record store in 1975 when it first came out. It  was playing on the store sound system. I walked out with it with a smile on my face. The smile is still there whenever I listen to it.
Blood on the Tracks, Blonde on Blonde, Oh Mercy. Desire is close except a bit marred by Hurricane and Joey (too topical and not his best lyrics)--otherwise right up there.

bdp24

I will post here when I pick up the Charles Lloyd disc.

Happy Listening!

jafant, I just saw that also playing on the album are Bill Frisell and Greg Leisz, two of my favorite guitarists.