Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66
I may try one of the Remedy’s. My Node 2 doesn’t have USB out and I would like to stay away from computer for convienience. I have a VLink 192 between the Mac Mini and the Lyngdorf for when I want to play stuff off my hard drive. Seems to make a difference for the better. 
Ditto on the iFi Micro USB 3.  Power it with a nice LPS and the improvement in sound is stunning.  
Just wanted to let everyone know, that while the 2170 is the best component I have ever owned. I did have to send it off to Denmark today to be fixed. Its appears I have 2 or 3 possible issues. Nothing that made the Amp inoperable, but I feel these issues needed to be taken care of. Too bad no one in the US could have repaired it.

I know, these are electronics and stuff happens, but this amp was not cheap...at least for me. The first thing that is wrong is the volume knob is defective. When I use it to set my volume it gets stuck between 2 volume numbers. (i.e. 35.0/35.1) Now while I use that knob maybe 0.00001% of the time, I want everything in the unit to be 100% functional. The concerning part is why does a part of the unit that I rarely use die in just less than a year?? Don’t know to be honest. Stuff happens...I get it.

The other minor things I am sending it in for, loose RCA jacks on the back for OUTPUT and I feel the display does not look right sometimes. What I mean is that the text sometimes looks scrambled.

So anyway, just thought I would share with 2170 owners this info. Also, I would like to say Lyngdorf customer care has been excellent to deal with. Very responsive and quick to supply shipping label and instructions.
No music for me for about 2 weeks or so...ugh :(
My 2170’s display gets hard to read the deeper one goes into the menu screens. It is getting worse so I decided to email Lyngdorf last week. Thus far no response from customer service. I just sent another email and we will see. My unit is no longer under warranty and I stated that. Since they don’t have a US authorized repair facility I am sure my unit would have to go to Denmark on my dime.

Not excited about shipping it and would rather have them send me a new display board to install myself. Don’t know if they will do that as I have not heard from them on my issue.

I suppose future buyers should be aware that there is no US authorized repair facility. That may be a no go from some and that is reasonable.

I hope customer service gets back to me. When they do I will update all.
@aniwolfe , I experienced the former problem; could adjust the volume with the remote, but not on the 2170. It alternated between two numbers when spinning the volume wheel. This was straight out of the box so I went through the store where I had purchased the unit. It ended up being shipped back to Denmark to be fixed. So I feel some of your waiting/no music pain.

I did read on avforums.com ’Lyngdorf discussion thread’ that someone else had the same issue and had been in contact with Lyngdorf. They notified him/her that it was a known issue. This was sometime around November of last year, so hopefully it is resolved or will be resolved soon.

The Lyndgorf 2170 is only my second integrated amp (no plans on upgrading in the near future). So, not much experience. I highly considered scraping the 2170 and going in a different path after the volume issue. I didn’t consider it a cheap amp either. The problem was that I so enjoyed the silent background, RoomPerfect and overall smooth sound that I decided to give it a second try and haven’t looked back.

Anyway, best of luck to you!