Naim and Elac Adante, Wow

The new Elac Adantes are creating a lot of buzz both good and bad.

We were mixed on the speakers initially as certain sonic aspects were fantastic while others were less then satisfactory.

The Adante AS 61 has a relatively low sensitivity so we thought 40 watts will not be enough.

Surprise the Naim Uniti Atom with Wireworld cables produced an intoxicating sound.

The Atom is warm and punchy so the combo matched perfectly.

Elac and Naim fantastic together and affordable.

3k amp which includes dac and streamer,  plus 2.5k speakers other then cables and stands this combo would make a lot of people very happy.

We would urge prospective Adante purchasers to seek out this combo these two products mesh while other combos of electronics with the Adantes may be why some people are not liking the speakers.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
128x128audiotroy
"but unlike some of the other posters, we do not subscribe to the only one brand is better philosophy"

Dave, you have used this tired argument against me and others constantly and it's just incorrect.  Most of us like plenty of speakers.

"We do not believe that there is only one truth in audio so the Wilson guy who loves Wilson or the Vandy guy who loves Vandy may or may not love our Paradigms or Legacys or Kef's "

You are correct, I have heard the first two plenty of times (most of their models and recently) and they are way to bright on top for me and not coherent to MY ear.  Doesn't mean that any of us espouse to only ONE truth in audio at all.  Again, wrong

"Lets just agree that we all have preferences and even if a system is well setup and voiced a particular way may not be to a particular persons liking. "

Correct.  Then why do you keep making such long posts calling out anyone who says they don't like speakers or a system that YOU sell and are telling everyone how great they sound at your place and that they are they best things that are twice their price?  This is what so many posters get on you and your using this board as your marketing.  Everyone of us who posts here knows and respects others who like things that are different than what we like.  You are the only one who seems to not realize that part.  

"but don't get suckered in by some of these very negative people and perhaps reach out and talk to us and see what you think."

First off, I don't feel any of the posters who call you out are negative people.  Glad that you can make a statement like that, but you also posted in a Wilson thread that you used to work at Andy Singer's place and would laugh at and I think, made fun of folks after they left the store.  Can't back track on that as it was obviously what you guys did.  

I know that you PM posters on these threads to try and sell to them. I've had a couple of folks ask me what's up with that.  

Let me understand correctly, you say you aren't SELLING on this board, but you are asking folks to reach out to you to talk off the board where you have their ear.  THAT'S SELLING Dave.  No other way around it and please don't even try to twist it (but you won't be able to help yourself we already know that).  Then you have the audacity to say that folks are " getting suckered in" if it's a poster that publicly disagrees with you.  That's why no one can have a disagreement with you and why you MUST always have the last say in anything.  

I'm sure this will get under your skin and you will have a very very long restort that will be highly entertaining for most of us.  

Ctstooner,  really rather amusing.

If we were to check your 1,700 or so posts how many other loudspeakers have you ever endorsed or even mentioned vs one partiuclar brand?If you like so many different loudspeakers how come you never seem to discuss any of them?   

If someone is interested in Vandersteen do you ever mention any of the other louspeakers in the price range that many other people endorse like Golden Ear, or PSB, or Focals,  or Rockport, or a zillion other choices?

Sorry CT don't see it. How many posts did you mention Ayre over and over again, and now I think you discovered the Overdrive is even better?

If the answer is no, that you are biased and in fact more so then us, 

As per contacting people here on PM quite frankly is almost never happens I wonder how many other dealers do this? 

If you also can't understand hyperbole, no one acutally laughed at anybody at SBS or any other store, you mistake figurative vs literal. 

And also as mentioned before, you suffer from the same behavior as Grgr4blu, the discusion post is about Elac Adantes. 

Do you have an opinion about them? What was the combination that you or your friends/dealers found that works well with them?

I find it super interesting that several people here have more of a personal vendetta about things that have been said about certain brands of other speakers rather than staying on topic, which is not about us it is about a particular set of speakers and finding matching electronics.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

Glad to amuse you Dave.  Since I'm not a dealer who makes his living out of posting and selling, I can post about anything I want that I love.  :)

As for how many other speakers I have talked about that I love?  It doesn't' matter since I'm just a poster on an internet board that was originally set up for we audiophile to have fun adn get away from dealers, hawkers etc...  Others just aren't as transparent as you and YOU are the only one I personally know of who PM's posters (that to me is like spamming) because when you post most call you out.  (see, I can play your game of posting long and loud and often). 

It's not up to me to endorse a damn thing Dave, lol.  You use dealer terms and I"m just a poster having fun like 99% of the board.  Plenty of others will ALWAYS share what they own or love.  Since those posters also have nothing to gain....   Oh, go read my posts Dave and you will see plenty of places where I've talked about other brands as there are a few that I like. Oh, I have even done that in this thread when I was told to stay on track by teh board policeman..YOU, ha.   Is this like graffiti when posters call you out while you are marketing yourself? ;)

As for DAC's, go read and stop being so emotional Dave.  I LOVED my Overdrive and always have said so.  It does some great things.  So does my Ayre. The Ayre works much better in my system, not that I need to even justify to YOU of all people, lol.  (this really is kind of fun).  BTW, if you read the thread, you'll also know that I am getting The Memory Player server/DAC and I STILL love the Ayre for the great value it offers.  Wow, I also love Steve Nugent's gear too as well as the Trinity when I heard that a few years ago (only like 4 in the US).  I"ve also enjoyed other digital gear too.  

I"m biased to gear that I own and love and to other gear I love and can't afford. (I would say that most posters who aren't dealers are biased to what we own and that's why we PURCHASE this gear or are saving up to do that).   You are a dealer who has ZERO credibility no matter how many times you MAY mention a couple of other brands so you can say that you talk about other brands you don't sell.  Again, we are way smarter than that Dave ;). 

As for contacting folks via PM on here who don't ask for it, I know of a few adn I'm just 1 poster, lol.  For you to ask 'I wonder how many other dealers do this'....are you for real?  None, that anyone has shared with me and I'm in touch with MANY from the boards.  

"If you also can't understand hyperbole, no one acutally laughed at anybody at SBS or any other store, you mistake figurative vs literal."

You posted that in one of your emotion rants Dave and it was NOT hyperbole.  NO ONE took it that way and you spend a few posts trying to backtrack on that etc... It's OK Dave, it's human nature to make fun of people who don't agree with you since you have to be the expert as all your posts show.  You have. a comeback to everything and you MUST get the last word as this thread alone proves, so again, you are not sharing the truth Dave and you know deep down what you did at Singer.  This is a very small community and there are many who have worked with you at Andy's and remember you well.  

"And also as mentioned before, you suffer from the same behavior as Grgr4blu, the discusion post is about Elac Adantes.

Do you have an opinion about them? What was the combination that you or your friends/dealers found that works well with them?"

So two good posters SUFFER from some behavior? Other than the 4 customers of yours who you ask to post on your behalf, others are just amused by all of this as am I right now.  

Dave, it's obvious that you don't 'think I've heard the Elac's, but again you are dead wrong.  I"ve spoken to many about my thoughts on them and that includes over 5 dealers who have sold or do now sell them.  I've also shared my listening experience's with them as well as with other posters and audio friends who have no time for threads like yours.  Go back and read my thoughts on them if you care that much. If you think you are calling me out somehow, again you fail, sorry :(...

"I find it super interesting that several people here have more of a personal vendetta about things that have been said about certain brands of other speakers rather than staying on topic, which is not about us it is about a particular set of speakers and finding matching electronics.

Dave, I find it super interesting that you hawk your home store and use the board for your marketing.  Are you saying that I have a personal vendetta or are you talking about others?  Staying on topic goes for everyone Mr Board Police.  More threads than not meander Dave.  Go read.  The longer the thread lasts, the more it meanders.  That is because we talk about systems and not one component and when someone brings in something that your marketing posts don't want, then you try and tell folks to 'stay on topic'.  You always make everything about YOU Dave. 

You can't keep on topic Dave.  You have to get the last word in as you wear everyone down.  When posters call you out for your using AG to market yourself, then you go on your rants.  I guess if you post long enough posts and more often than others, you win.  Not sure what the winning really is as if folks really care bout spending their hard earned money, they will go listen to folks who come off as professional and don't get into these fun tit for tat posts, lol.  
Long Rants Ct really look at yours?

Staying on topic really?

Please list all the dealers you heard Elac-Adantes and what they were using?

That is staying on topic which i see you cant as per having the last word laid everything out in the last post you didnt need the rebuttal.

Common CT look in the mirror your biases are crystal clear.

Dont make a living by writing on these posts however the amount of misinformation is staggering.

Go look at many of our recent posts where we mention TAD, Sopras as speakers to check out we dont sell either brand.

And most of our brands arent exclusive so who are we helping?