Naim and Elac Adante, Wow

The new Elac Adantes are creating a lot of buzz both good and bad.

We were mixed on the speakers initially as certain sonic aspects were fantastic while others were less then satisfactory.

The Adante AS 61 has a relatively low sensitivity so we thought 40 watts will not be enough.

Surprise the Naim Uniti Atom with Wireworld cables produced an intoxicating sound.

The Atom is warm and punchy so the combo matched perfectly.

Elac and Naim fantastic together and affordable.

3k amp which includes dac and streamer,  plus 2.5k speakers other then cables and stands this combo would make a lot of people very happy.

We would urge prospective Adante purchasers to seek out this combo these two products mesh while other combos of electronics with the Adantes may be why some people are not liking the speakers.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
128x128audiotroy
Yeah Ctsooner we are back on track.

Here is where we agree, yes the Adantes do like "quality" power. 

You can drive them with a 40 watt amp, the Naim is $3,000.00 not $1,000.00 the biggest issue that we perceive with the Adantes is people using them with sub optimal electronics or not realizing that these speakers throw out prodigious bass and are not your typical stand mount. 

As per Tomics points, quite frankly not true, if you noticed we said on many, many times on these posts that we like and respect the Vandy 1C and 2Ce loudspeakers. 

We don't need to rehash what we don't like about Vandys sound compared to the products we sell, we sell our products because we like the sound and value proposition of brands like Elac, Legacy, Paradigm, Dali. 

We like high resolution speakers we like Ribbons, Beryillium tweeters, AMT drivers in general you find these kinds of drivers bright. We find with careful tunning you can have your cake and eat it too.

This was a discussion on what in our minds constitutes true innovation vs evolution in audio.

Look at Apple, Apples products are 99.99 percent evolutionary, it is their implimentation which has propelled them to the top. 

The Ipod was not the first MP3 player, the Iphone was not the first smart phone. In that light we talked about Vandys accomplishments as refining other ideas, such as composite cones, while we did acknowlege his improvment in creating a uniqe midrange driver and DBS, it is not saying that making a composite cone out of balsa isn't a tremendous accomplishment it must be or they wouldn't have a patent on it the real argument, is that driver technology really better than anyone elses proprietary sandwich cone?

In our view true revolution is comming up with completely different ways of doing things, completely new ideas Tesla's electric cars are not revolutionary, however, Chevrolets first electric car the EV1 was. 

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

Dave you should have stayed on track as you wanted everyone else to do, but you couldn't help yourself.  I'm glad that you know more than someone who is an expert on the subject.  

You use the term high resolution all the time, but you use it incorrectly.  There are plenty of speakers like Vandersteen and others who have the highest of resolution without being overly bright. If a recording is bright, many of the high resolution speakers will sound that way, even if they aren't considered 'bright'.  I also have heard many speakers that are bright because their curve is tipped up a few DB on top and not because they are high resolution.  I was speaking in the 90's with a British designer who said he always puts a peak in the upper ranges to give the impression of a more 'live' sound and a larger soundstage'.  In your own words on other threads, a speaker isn't going to add anything to a signal.  

Lot's of different gear for all tastes.  
Dave and Troy at Audio Doktor,
Thanks for showing us just how painful it would be to shop your store. Disrespectful of other's ears and experience - please keep it to yourself. Thanks.
Ctsooner.
My bad. I didn’t realize you were quoting Audiotroy. As punishment for my error, I went back and read Audiotroy’s post of March 8. Can you imagine how painful that was for me? I usually don't read but merely skim his posts. They simply go on for too long to actually read. Fortunately, I only had to read that one sentence.
Cheers.
gpgr4blu and ctsooner..ok most of the planets are back in alignment.....fly out to the Emerald City and we can get high on balsa wood and a few decent Davis Family Wines...nothing high technology or innovative about them....I know they have email....that is how i order it....

right now I have JJ Cale cranked up a bit....loving it...