Timbernation Platform Problems

I recently bought a 19" x 19" x 2" maple platform from Timbernation. The plan was to use this platform with my Zoethecus amp stand for supporting my ARC Ref110 amp. When I received maple platform one of the sides was not properly planed down. The surface is irregular and rough. I will try to post a photo or two soon. 

When I contacted Mariah at Timbernation via email here is the response I received: "I showed Chris the pics and he said that it will fit into your stand just fine. Did you try it yet? You will be able to put the unfinished side down into your stand and the finished side will be facing up." 

I expected a maple block that was of high quality and not one that has significant imperfections on one side. Has anyone had any similar experiences with Timbernation? Should I just accept this? Any input or advise is appreciated.
pilrem
I am very fortunate that I was able to assist in building my own maple rack. A friend of mine is a high end wood worker. He did all the "smart" stuff and I did all the "dumb" stuff like sanding and drilling. I will echo stewartlangwoodworks, quality takes a long time. All of my top and side finishes were a 7 step sanding process by hand. The bottoms were sanded to 120 grit. All surfaces must be coated with varnish to control the warping of the wood. If you choose to purchase your own wood, don't go to a lumber yard, they sell lumber (as in dimensional) you need to seek out a hardwood supplier that sells wood for furniture making. I was very fortunate to have an Amish sawmill close by and was able to purchase rough cut, live edge maple for a fraction of the price of a regular wood supplier. I couldn't be happier with my four shelf solid maple rack. It took most of the winter but we only worked on weekends.
My 2" solid Maple finished rack arrived last week.   Very satisfied with the quality, workmanship and communication.

Just beware there are 2 sides to every story ...  I can only imagine dealing with some of the illogical trolls on this site.

@joecasey 

While I am happy that your rack met your expectations, the maple platform I bought from Timbernation was a horror show and I am definitely not some illogical troll.  IMHO, the person at Timbernation that did the work on that platform should be fired.  There were at least 4 runs in the finish and they cut the platform through a big black and ugly knothole which covered the entire side of the platform.  To add insult to injury, pieces of the knothole kept falling out.  Definitely not a quality product, more like a piece of crap.  Biggest waste of 240.00 ever.

Received my new rack from TimberNation today.  Awesome piece of furniture.  Wonderful craftsmanship and hassle free!

See photos here - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XHvw-Pjor7jPjOd-Mb2NIhX2ZxYLQ4qK
That is one beautiful rack, and it made me a bit jealous.
Enjoy.

All the best,
Nonoise