Naim and Elac Adante, Wow

The new Elac Adantes are creating a lot of buzz both good and bad.

We were mixed on the speakers initially as certain sonic aspects were fantastic while others were less then satisfactory.

The Adante AS 61 has a relatively low sensitivity so we thought 40 watts will not be enough.

Surprise the Naim Uniti Atom with Wireworld cables produced an intoxicating sound.

The Atom is warm and punchy so the combo matched perfectly.

Elac and Naim fantastic together and affordable.

3k amp which includes dac and streamer,  plus 2.5k speakers other then cables and stands this combo would make a lot of people very happy.

We would urge prospective Adante purchasers to seek out this combo these two products mesh while other combos of electronics with the Adantes may be why some people are not liking the speakers.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
128x128audiotroy
Audiotroy is back.  He is once again taking up valuable space in the forums to sell his products and debunk others. Anyone who prefers another outstanding brand is hard of hearing and most likely a kool-aid drinking "fanboy". Oh and he has science behind him because he is an electrical engineer, I mean, he has read alot of articles and heard lots of speakers like many serious audiophiles here. But, well, I mean uh, he is a dealer and is therefore just more qualified to opine than others therefore attention must be paid. And as a dealer he wouldn't steer you wrong. I mean all of the other dealers who start threads to promote their products do the same thing. I mean, look around the forums for a few days and you'll find all of them---- I mean both of them--Dave and Audiotroy. Or are they one? 

Anyway,  Audiotroy knows the absolute truth about which speaker brands are the best and he can rank them for you. The ones he sells are the best and the ones that he is not permitted to sell are loved only by "fanboys".  But don't call him a "fanboy" as there is a big difference between a "fanboy" and a self-promoting blathering shill.
Post removed 
I honestly don’t get the animosity toward Audiotroy. He is obviously very passionate about the brands he carries. Why shouldn’t he be? That’s his profession, and he takes it very seriously.

I, for one, find his posts very illuminating, albeit a little long winded. He never hides the fact that he is a dealer. Everyone is free to adjust their salt of grain accordingly, or ignore it altogether.
ZZ and Arafig, Thank you both. 

Here is the real point, I highly doubt either Tomic or Gr4blu, has actually heard the Adantes, first they just came out, and second very few dealers have signed up to carry the line.

We were not interested in the inexpensive stuff because it was too easy for a prospective client to just order them on Amazon and as a brick and mortar we do not like to compete with Amazon.

We became interested after the buzz at CES where the Adante/Audio Alchemy setup at $12k was amazing many people who heard them.

The first thing that Tomic says when someone is asking about the Adantes he suggests go hear the Vandersteen 2c and the Maggie.Why?

It is nice to be able to purchase an American made product but is that product no matter where it is made going to be the right product for that listener?

How does he know that the Adantes may be far supperior to those loudspeakers if he has not heard them but only read about them?

If you like rock or play loud I can assure you the Adantes will be more than your cup of tea and would be preferable over the Maggies or Vandys.

If a customer came into our store and prefered to listen to acoustic jazz or classical I don't think we would recommend the Adantes but might recommend a Dali or an ATC. 

It is also noble for both of these men to be fans of their products.

I have yet to put Tomic a Vandy 7 owner in the same room as Gr4blu a WP Sasha II owner and see who feels has the better speaker?

I don't hear Tomic yet say that the perfect piston Vandy driver trumps the reed paper cone of the WP, and I don't hear Greblu tell Tomic how the Wilson drivers are more musical than Carbon skined ones, and the Wilson X material is more inert than the double enclousure of the 7s.

Honestly it would be priceless.

The fact that cone material, crossover slope, cabinet construction is just some of the parts of that receipe that makes a great speaker, a great speaker.

A perfectly flat frequnecy response in speaker may not be prefered vs one that has some pleasing colorations, hence some people find very neutral speakers such as Magico or the Paradigm Pesonas not to their liking.

As per Gr4blu as usual add nothing to the discussion other than your blatent dislike of us, unless you have a relevant comment, not about shilling or dealers, you should go away.

This is a forum a place to discuss things about audio, not about protocall, or decorum or even good taste. 

At least Tomic is civil I respect his comments, where we disagree is his all out admiration for Vandersteen as a designer and innovator and at least we both agree that the Giya is a magical speaker.

We do like the Vandy 1C and 2C for what they offer for the price but do not fall under the spell of the more expensive models. We do have tremendous respect for the company. 

Back on track if you guys want to discuss what a great and affordable combination of the Adantes with the Naim Atom then you should chime in or other people who have heard them with complementary electronics should chime in.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

you also seem deaf
i mentioned i would seek out a pair of the ELAC this week, i already own the Atom
its good but 2 dimensional, but i only have 50 hours on it
The Adante is like a cheeseburger to me
so we shall see......
i will give em a fair shake
something with your ever shifting definitions of innovation, revolution, “ true innovation” fail to do

yes good nite...