technics 1200g tonearm question headshell angled not parallel to lp

I am using a Ortofon aftermarket headshell and when looking at it it appears to be angled and not parallel to the surface of the record.  It does not have azimuth adjustment but still is this normal for the tonearm to agle the headshell slightly without adjustment.  I have not had a S shaped tonearm and was wondering if it is defective.  Any thoughts? 
tzh21y

Did you try the stock shell to see if it appears parallel when inserted?  That may be the only way to judge if the arm is off.  This is a tough one to comment on otherwise because I haven't used your head shell.  I assume the Ortofon shell has a flat top to aide in this evaluation. 

I also am using aftermarket head shells with my 1200G.  I never did try the stock head shell to see if it appears parallel in the arm but given the quality of the entire table I'd be surprised if the arm is off.  I got 2 identical LP Gear Zupreme head shells for cart swapping.  The Zupreme does have azimuth adjustments and I found I had to take advantage of that.  The azimuth was pretty far off on both when I first put them in.   

When I got mine the stock head shell was not parallel I did not have the shelf or table level yet and changed to a Zupreme also when setting up and leveling. Did not try the stock one again maybe I should, you would think with all parameters correct it would be level. I would get a head shell with azimuth adjustment
There should be enough play in the socket to rotate the headshell and get correct azimuth.

Or are we talking about VTA here. OP needs to clarify.
If you are talking about azimuth then even the shell without azimuth adjustment can be slightly turned left or right in the tonearm lock on Technics. It is not a problem at all !

Stax is perfect lightweigh headshell with azimut adjustment, much better than ZuPreme which is actually Jelco (OEM).

The best headshells does not have azimuth adjustment (Zyx Live-18, AudioCraft, Grace HS-6 Carbon and many others).

If you're talking about VTA then adjust tonearm or try different mat. Hope there is nothing between your cartidge and shell.