Can cables of any cost and quality provide bass response missing in my B&W speakers?

I'm sure variants of this question have been offered previously, but let me ask in light of the following:  I have a very modest main system powered by an Adcom 555II amp, Adcom GFP-750 pre-amp, and run into a pair of B&W CM-4 speakers (6.5in woofer, 6.5in. woofer/mid. and tweeter, and bi-wireable).  Any music with a moderate-to- heavy bass component (organ, bass fiddle, etc) just doesn't translate to my ear.  I'm using a mid-range pair of Monster cables, and in fact tried a second pair of Z-Series to no audible difference.  On the other hand I have a legacy pair of a/d/s 1090L tower speakers (2x7.5in woofers, 6in. mid-range, tweeter) that deliver thundering bass when needed regardless of cabling used, and powered by the same system.  Even tried passive bi-amping for the B&Ws by using an old Carver M-500t amp for HF input, and Adcom amp for LF input...no diff.  Is there any point really in looking at higher-end speaker wire of, e.g., thicker gauge, or exotic geometry, or multi-conductor "shotgunning", whatever, in order to induce greater LF response from the CM-4s?  Thanks for your patience.
compass_rose

+1 csmgolf. "they can be the icing on the cake for a well sorted out system."

If your speakers have bass limitations maybe getting the most out of them still won’t make you happy. I have speakers that have twin 7" bass drivers and they are rated to 30hz +/- 3db. They go lower that that with rolloff increasing. Bass is very good and adequately low but still not chest pounding that only a larger driver can do. My speakers are also in a much higher price tier than the speakers in question here, but the bass capability is indeed there.

I also, like mtrot, use the Cerious Technology Graphene Extreme speaker cables and agree that these are one of the better cables out there that clearly have allowed the bass potential of my speakers to be unleashed. Prior <$500 cables were good, but the CTs were a huge jump in performance. I’ve been historically frugal but these changed my thinking, enough to know what can be achieved.

The point here is that cables don’t make bass, rather they permit whatever is possible to come forth. Great cables do make a difference, but I still would not spend a disproportionate amount on cables based on the speaker price. Maybe 10-20% of the speaker price for cables is certainly warranted however as component investments go.

Cerious Technologies just launched their new price-no-object (still not ridiculous) line of cables that early upgraders are saying is worth the jump. For my system the price would still fall in the 10-20% range of my speakers. I am tempted to eek out that last bit of bass. One of the early upgraders has my speakers and is raving that the bass is even stronger, deeper sounding (not in actual measurement - that’s not possible), and better controlled than before. For me, I will probably pull that trigger when funds are available. My system is built around the speakers, so getting the most out of them is worth it to me.

Per thread in "Speakers, new surrounds have given new life to the CM-4s, excellent bass/hi-bass/midrange, and speakers up and running.  Using some rilly old Monster cables temporarily, have ordered from Douglas Connections Furez 4x12awg pure Cu wire, and some 2x12awg for messing about with some biwire combos, and some fairly inexpensive 10awg Western Electric cloth-encased Sn-coated Cu wire, "gen-u-wine" WE kit, so the seller says.  For round ca. $100, cheap enough for some diverse experimental approaches to amp-speaker hookups.  Not expecting much, but the Monsters have to go...old and getting frayed.
compass,

Douglas Connection Furez are very nice copper cables.  In addition to my Cerious Tecnnology Graphene Extreme cables, I have a set of Douglas Connection Alpha 12 AWG OCC Speaker Cables with Furutech rhodium connectors, which retail for ~$1,200 for a 9 foot run. 

Both the Cerious GE and DC Alpha 12 cables allow great sound, but in comparing them, somehow the Graphene Extreme seem to have a wider frequency range, in that both the treble and bass seem to be more extended.  I also get a great sound stage, imaging, and depth with the GE.  Perhaps I'll hook the Alphas back up and "re-compare" them at some point.  When/if I ever get a big center channel speaker, I plan to use the Alpha to connect it.
Just so that you know, I took a look at the Furez cable and they do not seem to be anything more than just normal stranded 12awg conductors.  It does use foamed polyethylene insulation, which will be a much better coating than plastic/PVC of the monster cable or monoprice stuff.  It may be sounding better, but I would not expect a whole lot.  I just replaced another system with Audioquest rocket cables and it also made a significant improvement.  Nothing really compares to solid-core conductors in my experience, even the radically expensive Furutech OCC copper stranded still doesn't sound quite as solid and natural as cheaper solid-core.

Cheapest route would be to add a Pangea 9SE power cord; it will add bass. Usually ~$150